Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby wets a LOT at night. I change him at midnight, and he's soaked in the morning. Unfortunately, he poops almost every morning as soon as he wakes up, and it leaks out the diaper and onto his wool covers. I have to stuff the diapers a lot for the pee, and the legs gape because of the extra stuff in there. I've tried Motherease One Size (great during the day, but gapes with the stuffing), Sweat Peas two-size (too narrow through the crotch, and major gapes), and JamTots one size (like these, but still poop escaped).

Any diapers out there that fit skinny thighed babies and are wide enough to accommodate nighttime stuffing?

·
Registered
915 Posts
My son is the same way....quite slender (15 lbs at 8 months)....I use bellabottoms OS fitteds (no gaping legs there) with 2 of the doublers she sells on her site during the day....or the super soakers which are meant for stuffing a pocket dipe but I use them to stuff the fitted at night....I fold the doublers or super soakers up (that way I get extra layers) and place in the wet zone only...so the front of his dipe.

I also use OS Mutts and Tykie diapers....I use the snap in doublers that are inside those plus 2 of the doublers I got from bellabottoms.....

My dipes are all pretty wet by morning but since I use wool as a cover, the sheets and clothing are still dry in the morning.....and all of these dipes do great at keeping the poo in....

I can't personally use prefolds at night much or when my son is going to poo...no matter how I have them folded, he poos right out the side of them! Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Edited to say that Very Baby Basic Nights dipes work great for us at night too...the absorb A LOT and the legs fit good so no poo blowouts with those either....I don't even have to use the extra doublers with those since I get the heavy duty multiple layered snap in doubler....and the VBBN is cut fuller than the Simply Nights one so it provides better coverage on my son.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for y'all's help! I'm a prefold drop out ever since I tried them with my second child!!!

I think I'll give the fitteds amandapanda mentioned a try. I'm also thinking that maybe side snapping diapers would work. Anyone else with suggestions?

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts