Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DS is 3, and he just isn't sleeping well at all. He's been in his own bed for awhile now, since he moves around so much at night it's just not possible to have him in our bed (think windmill....). Tonight since about 10pm, he's been up every 20 minutes or so screaming and crying. DH has been with him mostly, since with the end of my pg, I'm exhausted and am only catching naps here and there, but the second we put him down if he falls asleep in our arms, he's up again screaming. And I went in there, the first thing he did was yell at me because I wasn't daddy. (Um, sorry, that's one thing I can't change) I finally get him snuggling with me in a recliner in his room, and he sleeps a bit, but then sits up, yells at me again for not being daddy, and tells me not to talk to him. (complete with pouting and hitting the floor for emphasis).<br><br>
DH gets up again, and has gotten him down to sleep for now, but I'm not truly hopeful that this will last. I can't figure out for the life of me what is wrong, except at this point, I know he's over tired and ornery because of it.<br><br>
He won't say what is wrong (besides me not being daddy), he says nothing hurts, he's not scared, no bad dreams....<br><br>
I don't know, I'm at the end of my rope tonight (and now I'm wide awake)...<br><br>
I'm guessing when #2 arrives, this is going to get even better...

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Ds was also 3 when ds2 was born, and we went through all that and more. Dh was also in charge of nightwakings from ds, and there were a lot of them for a while. Ds also became a MAJOR daddy's boy in the last month of my pregnancy and for many months after that. I was an acceptable substitute in dh's absence, but otherwise it was all about dh.<br><br>
Anyhow, it probably will get worse for a while once the baby is born, but then it will get better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts