Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ladies...let's share our NIP locations so far...
for us, not very exciting but... pediatrician's office, panera bread, hospital lab, parking lot of bbq stand, our back yard in the swing...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
everywhere I go, mall, target, walmart, grocery store, chiro, ped, my front yard (in my very small-minded neighborhood), resturants, parks! Though I have to (shamefully) that I have nursed more in my car now than I did the entire time I nursed DS. Why? Because I can have the temp what I want, DS can be nicely strapped into his carseat with snack or toy and not running wild! Plus the rear seat of my van is SOOO comfy! Add to it that dd cannot stand the car seat and I placate her by nursing after she is in the seat.

·
Registered
861 Posts
oh dear - lemme think! 2 birthday parties - 1 in a park, one in a residence with lots of strangers (so i count it as "IP") ... the beach, the grocery store, trader joe's, my ds' preschool parking lot, the container store, every restaurant i've been to in the last month, doc's office waiting room and the farmers' market. that's all i can think of right now.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Practically everywhere we've been in the last month ... mall, grocery store, wal-mart, target, panera, blockbuster, pediatrition's office, midwife's office, at the massage therapist's, and tonight when we go to dinner at steak and shake I'll probably nurse there too. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me I can't nurse in public so I can give them my .02!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Oh so many places. It's my third kid. I'm very used to NIP. Let me see what I can think of... IHOP, walking through Target, KFC, my favorite quilt store, church, my apartment as half a dozen men from church walked in and out helping us move our furniture out, a few other places I can't think of at the moment... not bad for having an only 17 day old baby (but he really, really likes to nurse... a lot).

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Pretty much everywhere we've ventured out. The coolest place by far was the library the other day...I was one of 3 nursing mamas!!

I was a renegade public nurser w/ my other 3. I'm a little more tame this time. Not sure why.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Heh, no, but I've pumped in public...how's that! Had the pump plugged into the car charger when we were shuttling between the hospital and home and I kept it going while he filled the car up w/gas. Wonder if that construction worker even noticed? =)

·
Registered
834 Posts
We've only been out once, but I did it in the restaurant and in the car on the way home (hubby was getting ice cream, and we hadn't intended on stopping for more than a minute, so I didn't want to drag Adia out too.)

·
Registered
829 Posts
EVERYWHERE. And let me tell you - Singapore has some serious bf hangups. Even though most times I bf babe in the sling (so you can't see a darn thing) while walking around the mall/stores, the fact that you can *tell* I'm nursing makes them nervous. I've actually had two different stores offer to show me where the "mother's" room was (don't get me wrong - - they offered *very* nicely, not snippety, or snidely, etc.) They were soooo nervous, having me bf in their store.
Of course, both times I politely declined.....and continued to browse their store for another 30 minutes.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyBug & BabyBug
Yep! Hiking at Mt Rainier when DD was 6 days old. DH took the picture, behind him is the trail where all the other hikers are.

That is such a gorgeous photograph!

I haven't been out much, so my only NIP experiences include the childrens' section of the library, the parking lot of the hardware store (DH was just running in and out to grab a hose for our washing machine), and my living room as DH's band members and manager walked around, being hilariously careful not to look directly at me.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
mostly walmart. also shopko (my job), the dr's office...umm...I haven't been anywhere else. oh yeah the diner where we go to have breakfast on sunday mornings.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyBug & BabyBug
Yep! Hiking at Mt Rainier when DD was 6 days old. DH took the picture, behind him is the trail where all the other hikers are.

Beautiful pic, but good lord, you were hiking at 6 days PP? You are a woman of steel!

We haven't really been anyplace until today. I took DD to the doc for her checkup and she was fussy so I started nursing her when I got there - then we got called. Doh! So I walked across the waiting room, bare midriff and obviously breastfeeding.

Today we went to a carnival and the pool. I was fully prepared with snappy comebacks fr both situations, but DD slept the whole damn time!

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quagmire
Beautiful pic, but good lord, you were hiking at 6 days PP? You are a woman of steel!
We only hiked for a few miles. It was a cooler there with a nice breeze and at home (about 2.5 hours away) it was in the mid-90's with no AC. I was happy to be outside!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Yeah, we've nursed just about every place we've been to as well: storytime at the library (while my toddler dd was running around stealing other kids' nametags...lovely), in the lobby at the hospital, at the clinic before his one week well baby check, in the car several times...wow...I guess we haven't been to many places.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Luckily I'm an old hand at NIP since this is my fourth.

Started off this time with NIP in the wheelchair as I was being released from the hospital LOL through the hallway, down the elevator, through the lobby and out to the car. Went pass a ton of people in the lobby.

Then its been... the Pedi's office (was lots of funny watching the med student try to act all nonchalant
: ), Walmart, Cheddar's (restaurant), playgroup, parking lot in front of Luby's, the park (several times), Barton Springs (local water hole), HEB & Central Market (grocery stores), Whole Foods (grocery store), Hancock's, Half-Price Books and Target.

Not too bad since we haven't left the house too many times in the past 3+ weeks.
Basically every place I've been with her...

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
with this baby, I've only been out a few times and the one time I did nurse it was in the courtroom on the 15th for my custody hearing.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I wish! I mostly nurse in my car. Nursing is still a big production for us at home with pillows. We also do the football hold so far and that is not even remotely discreet...

P.S. Hope everything went well in court Mary!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts