Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(or i should say, *while* nursing, not from.)

is it ever going to go away? gawd, i wince every time he latches, just as a new mom does those first few days after giving birth. owie.

(aka ladyelms)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Big
I hope the pain goes away for you. I nursed during 4 pregnancies and the pain didn't go away for me. Try to make sure that most of your areola is in his mouth so his teeth aren't touching your nipples.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I have a friend who used a supplemental nurser to nurse her toddler through pregnancy. It didn't hurt, and her dd was able to keep nursing. I think she just put whatever regular milk they drink in it... or you could probably even do water, depending on age of nursling, of course.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Mine hurt when she latches on and I barely experienced nipple pain when she was a newborn, but I was really vigilant about correcting her latch. It seems to help when I ask her to try to do it more gently... I think part of it is that toddlers have lazy latches. It tingles but doesn't really "hurt" when she is actively trying to be gentle. Does your son understand verbal directions well enough yet to be coached on how to nurse more carefully? (I think my daughter is almost a year older, so that might make a difference...)

I've read that increasing your B12 and B6 may help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.