Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having some pretty intense nipple pain during bf lately and am fairly certain it's not thrush, rather hormonally induced. That and dd is teething and it could be an enzyme issue. Basically I'm posting to get some support and to hear how other moms got through painful nursing. I won't quit nursing her over this, but I'm feeling really discouraged and... um, resentful.

Can anyone give me some encouragement?

TIA

·
Registered
395 Posts
Have you taken a pregnancy test? Nipple pain is one of my first pregnancy signs.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylE
Have you taken a pregnancy test? Nipple pain is one of my first pregnancy signs.
Haven't skipped a period yet, although pregnancy is a possibility. I try not to take pregnancy tests until at least a week after a missed period, otherwise I turn into an obsessive freak and go through the things like candy, testing and retesting! But yes, the thought has occurred to me.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I used to have nipple pain during ovulation all the time. It's major pain, too! Try taking evening primrose oil every day and increasing your calcium intake. It's worked like a charm for me. I just take on 500mg epo a day along with my regular vitamin and the pain is gone. If I start getting sore, I take another epo (so 2 a day). It really has helped a lot! If you think it's hormonal, I'd suggest giving it a try!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by samuelsmom
I just take on 500mg epo a day along with my regular vitamin and the pain is gone. If I start getting sore, I take another epo (so 2 a day). It really has helped a lot! If you think it's hormonal, I'd suggest giving it a try!
Thank you for the suggestion!

Do you take it everyday regardless of pain, or only when dealing with pain?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
nak

Is your 1yo a squirmy nurser? Sometimes I get sore nipples when ds does too many acrobatics while nursing. I also had sore nipples the week before I started my first pp af a couple weeks ago.

good luck!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by busybusymomma
Is your 1yo a squirmy nurser? ...
To say squirmy would be an understatement... she's all over the place. But this isn't new. She pops on and off, tries to stand up, looks to see daddy... etc. I try to keep her settled, but it doesn't seem to work very well! LOL!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts