Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my first pg, I ate anythign and everything I could get my hands on. This time around, I can't even stand to think about food. I've dropped 6 lbs., and it's not like I had a lot extra to begin with. My OB isn't really worried now since he knows I'm having some big-time nausea. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Normal, normal. All 5 of mine were different.
My fourth child, pg#5, I was sick forever, lost about 10 at the beginning, gained les than 20, lost a few in the ninth month and had an 8 lb baby, perfectly healthy.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Food repulses me for the most part. I remember having nausea with DD but I swear it's worse this time around. DH has been really helpful and will pick up or make me anything that sounds remotely edible. I know my nausea stopped near the end of my first trimester with DD so I have about three more weeks of this to go!
I also only gained 19 lbs with DD but she was a healthy 7 lb. 2 oz. baby!

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I'm not having much m/s this time around, but I don't have much of an appetite either. When I do eat I make sure to eat healthy foods and just hope for the best!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Up until two days ago I was eating everything in sight and put on 7 lbs.

But yesterday the real nausea kicked in. I'm now exclusively eating cereal and PB&J. About the only two things I can "prepare" quick enough to not get sick over.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I am also repulsed by food, not because of nausea. Though being around food will make me nauseous, even thinking about it makes me want to throw up. However, when I do not eat, I become nauseous so I have to find something, anything that I think I will not throw up. Nausea was minimal and only when I did not eat until I reached 9 weeks and now it's been pretty bad....still did not want to eat though.

I've been surviving on mostly junk, I HATE it but it's the only thing I can stomach.

I am worried about nutrition. My last pg was similar, though I was more nauseous in general. It never went away and lasted throughout the entire pregnancy. I ended up with mild PIH, which ultimately lead to my failed induction and c-section. This pregnancy HAS to go differently and I know that means I have to eat better this time...I just don't know if I can, which concerns me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have also been feeling yuck-phew! Yesterday, I went to my first acupuncture treatment, and I have to say that I'm feeling better today. Hey, give it a shot and see how it works for you!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
same here. food is disgusting to me but I do have to eat or my belly growls and the nausea gets even worse. I think this is perfectly normal and hopefully won't last..
:

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
I've noticed in the past few days my appetite has really dropped off. I spent about 2 wks being completely ravenous but not any more. I'm not nauseous either - just not that hungry. Maybe this is a precursor to morning sickness???

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Yup, not very hungry here either, and it is soooooo difficult to figure out what my stomach would like to try... fruit I can usually manage, anything else is VERY hit or miss. It's so strange - I was starving in the first trimester with DD, and never in my life have I had trouble eating, LOL...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yep just a couple of days ago i went from not being able to stuff myself enough to the thought of food, well not being so good. It isn't so bad, sometimes if I make something for the girls I can get a bite or two down. But I have been promising my dh chicken tacos, a speciality of mine, and I am not looking foward to making them, as to why I am on the computer right now

·
Registered
549 Posts
I haven't been to hungry lately. But when I am hungry I have to debate what to eat. Mainly toast the past 2 weeks. Then when I start to eat I get sick to my tummy but not vomit. Today I have eated 2 bagels and some chips and salsa. I am just hoping not being hungry and not eating will hurt the baby.

December 15, 2003 I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. Morning sickness didn't hit me 'til Mid January at Taco Bell. That was nice. Casue my favorite place to eat it Taco Bell. And it stoped when I was almost exactly 4 months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts