Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe some of you haven't gone into labor yet! In my first DDC we had babies making appearances from 36 weeks on. I bet any day now.....
I'm 37 weeks, hoping this babe comes at 39 like DD did. I plan to put the christmas stuff away next Sunday, and then she's welcome to come any time. The to-do list is actually done.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm 38w 2d and i've been having contractions on and off since friday night, feeling like ick, but no baby yet! He's welcome anytime, I'm super over this pregnancy :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'll be 36 weeks on Wednesday, which means I can officially have my baby at home! It's a weird mile stone ... but one of those that you are happy to see come and go. Then I'll be doing everything normal people do to get this baby ready to come ... sex, rrl tea, lots of being upright, etc. etc. My daughter came at 42.5 weeks and I REALLY don't want to wait that long for this one. Ideally 39 weeks would be perfect for me .... let's see if I can will her out! lol

I just ordered the birth pool liner, and have been looking into cord burning. I'm having some bee's wax candles hand made and am looking for a proper burn box, but there doesn't seem to be any on the internet anywhere for this intended purpose.

Soo looking forward to meeting this little one especially since my boys have been incredibly difficult lately. I just want to hibernate with a newborn for a while. I'm still enjoying being pregnant for the most part.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was thinking this too! I am 35 weeks so that bun needs to bake some more. I am so NOT ready so I am counting on the few weeks after the holidays to get my ish together.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm also really surprised we haven't had any babies yet! I'm not due till the end of the month so have got awhile to go myself. @ezrapie -- hoping it happens for you soon! I'm sort of in your boat -- over the pregnancy -- but at the same time not quite ready to have a newborn yet. Still a lot to do. And he's got 5 more weeks (maybe more) of baking to do anyway. @CarrieCo -- omg 42.5! Fingers crossed this one comes earlier. Try a lot of bouncing on a yoga ball, warm bath and a small glass of red wine, and of course sex. There's also castor oil but I wasn't brave enough to try that myself!

Not sure if most moms tend to have their babies at similar gestation lengths? Or does it really vary from pregnancy to pregnancy? I'm guessing it varies... I went into labor with DD at 39w5d so I'm hoping this one is similar or even a few days earlier if he's so inclined! Hoping he doesn't go more than three days past the due date because I have a weird thing about having two kids share the same birthday month (DD was born in February).

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow. I too am surprised no one in our group has had their baby yet! My mom is going to be out of town until 3 days before my due date, so I'm actually hoping baby stays put until she gets back. She's my only relative that lives near me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
No baby here either. I'm 38 weeks. Usually we go pretty late in my family- 2 weeks past due date is pretty normal, but I've been feeling like things are opening and moving a bit sooner than with my first. The baby has also dropped in the last week. My technical due date is January 7th and I think we might actually end up being close to that. I've been frantically getting stuff taken care of at work and feel pretty good about where I left everything. Now I have two weeks off during the holidays and instead of relaxing I'm cleaning the house and finishing up last minute tasks- getting cloth diapers in order, making some split pants for ECing, generally organizing. We're in pretty good shape though and are mostly ready for the birth. If there's time I'll be making some freezer meals and smoothy pops for the birth itself after X-mas. And this is TMI for sure but I also need to have my hubby trim up pubes as I cannot see down there anymore and with all the post birth bleeding less hairy is a plus for keeping clean!

·
Registered
446 Posts
37-39 weeks here. A little uncertain on my dates since I wasn't keeping as close attention this time around and didn't have an ultrasound until 6m. Feeling like I could go another month, but then I saw some colustrum and baby is suuper low so who knows. No mucus plug yet, which is a 2 week max sign for me for sure. Definitely relying on h to "clean up" every week or so since I cannot see or reach with any kind of efficacy, and yeah a close trim is much easier to keep clean post-partum! Luckily he's pretty good at it and doesn't seem to mind. H is going to be super busy at the end of Jan, so I'm hoping either early Jan or early Feb...we'll see. I'm going to run out of RRL and clothes if I have another full month to go lol.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
My baby's here! Starting new thread.

Reactions: CarrieCo
1 - 9 of 9 Posts