Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious, who else has not had any contractions? Well, I'm almost positive I had a single contraction sometime during sex, but that's been it.

I don't remember having them with my son, but I must have because when I went in for one of my routine exams (I had OB care with him) in week late 30-something I was already 4 cm dilated and 90% effaced! Then I carried him until 40 weeks 4 days. My OB couldn't believe anyone could hold on to a baby that long after being so far dilated and effaced

With this baby I have two midwives and a planned homebirth. They haven't checked my cervix and I haven't wanted them to. I don't really see the reasoning behind checking, especially since it's still anyone's guess as to when the baby arrives.

~Nay

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I was wondering about this last night. I had some earlier in this pregnancy, but not lately. Well I guess I should say I've not felt any in a while, I am sure they are still happening, I just don't realize it.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I haven't really noticed any this pregnancy either. I think I've felt maybe 4? this whole pregnancy. I'm kind of hoping I'll have more soon, just so I can mentally prepare myself for the real think kwim?

·
Registered
821 Posts
I sometimes notice them and sometimes not. I know I'm having them because at times when I rub my belly it is all hard and others it isn't. I don't notice them starting and stopping though. I mostly tend to notice them if I have to go pee and one starts.... it pushes the little person's head into my bladder.

Deb

·
Registered
666 Posts
: I have no idea...! (As stupid as this may sound) I'm not sure exactly what they're ment to feel like.... I've had quite a lot of pains and stuff throughout my pregnancy... It's hard to know whats pain and whats contraction... I've had what I would call muscle type contractions, but whether they're actually contractions or what I don't know....

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well funnily enough after posting my reply yesterday what happens last night?! At 9:45pm, right when I'm thinking about to go to bed I start getting them
(Typical...) I got them for about 2 hours every 15 - 20 mins.... And they were sort of painful too. My midwifes coming to see me today (In about 15 mins so I'll ask her what that was all about!)

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Didn't have any with my first baby - in fact, I thought my contractions were BH's when they finally started (she was 10 days early)!

My sister didn't ever feel BH's with any of her three; my other sister felt them ALOT with both of hers. This pregnancy, I've felt them a few times - typically late at night if I've had a busy day especially physically. They've awakened me a few times, I get up and walk around and drink/eat something and they go away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.