Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today I was at the pool, nursing in public. no one approached me or anything, but I was thinking what if someone did approach me and tell me to cover up. I did some research and there seem to be no laws that support NIP in Pennsylvania. I would like to say something like "the law protects me so I am allowed to breastfeed in public" but unfortunately the law says nothing about bf'ing in public in my state...

I doubt I will ever be told to cover up (if they don't want a scandal) but I feel I must be prepared. Any thoughts?

· Registered
8,471 Posts
It's not stated in law that breastfeeding in public is illegal either, therefor such a hypothetical person would have no legal leg to stand on to make you stop.

Some towns have made laws to specify that breastfeeding does not fall under "indecent exposure".--The Obvious For Dummies type laws
:

Eating in public is legal everywhere last I heard.

· Registered
8,471 Posts
On a more serious note, I live in SW PA, sort of between Greensburg and Pittsburgh. I've never had a hassle, even when nursing DD as a 3 year old in public.

What part of PA are you in?

· Registered
8,471 Posts
There are a few PGH moms here. If you go over to the Tribal area, they've (we've) been doing a bit of getting together. I'm too far out in the burbs to get there regularly, and our son has stuff for the summer that he needs me driving him to too.

There's a park in the Southside where they've been meeting on Fridays, with moms from another site.
I'll see if I can bump the thread with the directions for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.