Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago, I posted trying to get some info on circ, etc, had some specific questions I wasn't seeing addressed on the boards.

I just wanted to give an update. 4 weeks ago we DID have a son, who is INTACT! Woo hoo! I know the information I received here helped me have informed, reasoned discussions about it with my husband, who was totally on board with the decision and didn't require much convincing!

Incidentally, I wanted to share a few of my experiences, just in case someone's in the same place. My family, even though my dad and brother are circ'ed, really don't seem to care one way or the other. My MIL (my FIL is intact??) was really worried about it not retracting on its own later or that my son would feel "different". And for what it's worth, my husband never knew until a few weeks ago his dad isn't circ'ed, so that whole "what if he looks different from dad" argument is just not valid for us!

Around here, constantly repeating either, "well, studies have shown..." and "the AAP no longer recommends..." and "actually, that just isn't true because..." have worked really well.

So thanks for the help community! It takes an online community to keep a son intact...

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
thank you for letting us know it really makes a difference on the days when we feel like we are
a lot of the time and not getting through.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Awesome news!! I love good news like this!! Woohoo!! Congratulations on the birth of your little one at home!
: Awesome you decided to keep your little boy whole and perfect!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.