Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really not enjoying feeding my toddler any more, all the snot, the wriggling around, the pulling at my clothes, the crying and screaming if I say no, the crying at 5am as she pulls at my clothes and me to roll over. The time it takes. I feel like I'm really starting to resent it and have to almost grit my teeth to get through most feeds. Do other mothers feel like this? Is it likely to pass?<br>
Lily

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
I'm not sure how old your toddler is, but mine will be 3 in July and I am at my end with the nursing. I could handle a couple of times a day, maybe when he gets scared or hurt. But that line has been crossed where now I believe that dealing with how angry I am every single morning at 5am as I am pummeled for an hour is worse for him than if I weaned him. Ditto for the nonstop sucking session at bedtime. He is nightweaned in the sense that he doesn't nurse after he goes to bed until 5am. But the mornings are killing me, and I get angry almost every single time. It's a bad way to start the day.<br><br>
My right shoulder is all screwed up this morning because of the nonstop thrashing session this morning, ending with him ultimately falling asleep on my arm in an awkward position. I was so determined not to wake him up again that I left it that way, and now I can barely move it. This is not working for me.<br><br>
The problem is I don't know what to do. Do I just go cold turkey? How do I gradually decrease the morning nursing?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts