·
Registered
18,827 Posts
Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of the decision pertains to whether the State or government employees should mandate vaccines. But there was also consideration for vaccine mandates taking children out of school.

From page 7:

If the Amendments are implemented and enforced petitioners will be irreparably harmed by being forced to have their children take the flu shot or forego daycare and/or pre-kindergarten.

·
Registered
24,720 Posts
Hope you are right, Turquesa.

California is a weird state. Governor Brown is partying away on global warming in Paris, yet there is a huge methane gas leak in an upscale neighborhood called Porter
Ranch; people are moving to motels and Southern California Gas Co is doing nada. This involves 300+ families. They cannot sell their homes, the children cannot attend the local schools, and the motels are getting full. It is Christmas!

BTW, Kathleen Brown, the Governor's sister is on the board of Southern California Gas Co and she is doing nada also.

We cannot count on these people to do the right thing or ANYthing! Why would they do anything against SB277.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-1121-gas-leak-20151121-story.html

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, fortunately a lawsuit wouldn't need to come from Gov. Brown or any of his corrupt posse, would it? :thumb

Honestly, when I first saw the headline form Autism Action Network, I just assumed that the NYSC had blocked the case or ruled against the plaintiffs. I was blown-away surprised to take a more careful look and see that the plaintiffs actually won. Our "justice" system has been so unjust with this issue that this ruling is nothing short of a miracle.

A similar case went forward in WV, i.e. re: whether state employees could dictate vaccine mandates, and the court wouldn't even hear it.

·
Registered
18,827 Posts
Well, it is a small ray of hope.

The law in NY was pretty clear as to who gets to require vaccines for school and it wasn't the administrators.

This is why the CDC is trying to change all the state laws so that the Health Dept. makes vaccine decisions without any input from the legislators and the CDC recommendations are sort of automatically slid through. That was how it worked in Rhode Island with the HPV vaccine mandate.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Well, it is a small ray of hope.

The law in NY was pretty clear as to who gets to require vaccines for school and it wasn't the administrators.

This is why the CDC is trying to change all the state laws so that the Health Dept. makes vaccine decisions without any input from the legislators and the CDC recommendations are sort of automatically slid through. That was how it worked in Rhode Island with the HPV vaccine mandate.
at least it's fairly easy to obtain a religious exemption in rhode island - not so for nyc

·
Registered
18,827 Posts
at least it's fairly easy to obtain a religious exemption in rhode island - not so for nyc
There was a bill in the legislature to remove the religious exemption in RI but it was pulled when the health dept mandated the HPV vaccine. They wanted people to be able to opt out to lessen the screams.

Reactions: Turquesa

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There was a bill in the legislature to remove the religious exemption in RI but it was pulled when the health dept mandated the HPV vaccine. They wanted people to be able to opt out to lessen the screams.
That will all be hunky dory until the next inevitable pertussis outbreak, when *they* spew out the lie that "anti-vaxxers" cause and re-introduce another forced-vax bill.

·
Registered
18,827 Posts
That will all be hunky dory until the next inevitable pertussis outbreak, when *they* spew out the lie that "anti-vaxxers" cause and re-introduce another forced-vax bill.
My guess is they plan to wait a couple of years, then pull the exemption and force the HPV vaccine into everyone.

The only hitch is that I'm not sure the vaccine has another two years. Those pro-vaccine parents whose kids are now chronically ill just won't shut up. Even when they are called anti-vax.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts