Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been something of an infrequent poster lately. I started school (I'm a teacher) on 9/10 and have been trying to juggle that and all my doctor's appointments and raising a 2 year old. I'd been having one OB appointment every two weeks, monthly level 2 ultrasounds, and weekly biophysical profiles. The place where I have the BPPs is an hour and fifteen minutes from my work and has sucky hours. I was pretty much always going to have to take a half day off to go there, which is a royal pain.

I had a not-so-good level 2 last week, (low fluid, small baby for dates) so the OB told me now he wants me to have a level 2 US every 2 weeks, BPPs twice a week, and appointments with him once a week.
:
:
: And to drink, like, gallons of water a day.

Like the very reasonable person I am, I burst into tears when he told me all this. I explained about work, and how I am SO exhausted I feel like I am about to fall asleep at the wheel driving to these afternoon appointments, and how I know my BP is starting to creep up mainly due to stress, and I can't even pee when I need to there.

He put me out of work!
: Said now I have no excuses not to remain fully hydrated and to concentrate on growing a big healthy baby.

My job would have allowed me to take a longer leave had I asked for it in the first place, but once I put that letter in saying October 19 was my last day, well, then I was pretty much under contract. I could see that it was going to be fairly hellish getting to that date, but there was really not all that much I could do about it without a doctor's note. So what a relief!

I put in a claim with my disability insurance, but I don't know if they'll pay or not. Either way, they'd have kicked in starting at 36 weeks anyway I think.

So tomorrow is my last day. Then I get to be home with my babies for almost a whole year!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!

I was hoping you could get out of work soon after the last discussion about it. Yay!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought the note he gave me for my job was kind of funny. It said my "date of confinement will be 9/21/07." How very Victorian! Guess I should stay out of the sight of decent society.

So, I should actually already be done work, but I wanted one more day to tie up my loose ends and get my long-term sub acclimated.

·
Registered
874 Posts
That's great...but "date of confinement"?
I've never heard that before...I'm just glad you're getting the help you need to take care of yourself and that baby. YAY!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Yay! I hope things will settle down and that you will REST. Something similar happened to me last time--I was a teacher too and was put on bed rest suddenly, but I didn't rest enough or take great care of myself like I should have.

Your disability should pay! Mine did, but I had to fight it. I was on the phone in the post-partum unit all hormoned out and fighting with them--ha ha. But they should pay with a doctor's note! Just make sure you have all your paperwork in order.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
That is great news that you are getting to leave early to focus on staying healthy! And exciting that you are taking a year off to be with your babes.

Now, as the PPs have said, don't forget to try to actually rest and relax.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Chrysta,

My yahoo doula group just had a big discussion about what helps with low amniotic fluids. If you PM me your email address, I can cut and paste them into an email for you (easier than trying to PM it all!) It was what foods are good, etc.

Take care of yourself!! And for goodness sake, all good Victorian ladies keep their ankles covered- what are you thinking!!??

Manda

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.