Mothering Forum banner

No, no, no, no!!

1146 Views 25 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Synchro246
I am exclusively breastfeeding my twins on demand, no pacifiers, not bottles, etc. Plus I am nursing my 3 year old. Well I have been feeling crampy lately and today when I wiped there was a bit of pink. Please don't tell me AF is on her way!!
I got AF back when Gabe was only 12 weeks old even though I was nursing him on demand, no pacis, bottles, etc. This cannot be happening.
See less See more
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
NAK

eek!

you must be miss. fertility
No you are supposed to tell me I am wrong and that it is not AF.
See less See more
Exclusive BF'ing is most effective when you nurse round the clock. It has something to do with maintaining a constant level or Prolactin & / or Oxytocin. Do you co-sleep?

When I had my daughter I returned to work at 8 weeks but I pumped at work and we co-slept so AF didn't return for almost a year.
~Cath
We co-slept with Gabe for 2 years and both twins sleep in my bed at night. I nurse around the clock! I even sneak into Gabe's room at night and nurse him, too. The babies sometimes go up to 5 or 6 hours at night without nursing, but that is one baby. So even if one baby doesn't wake up for 5 hours, I am still nursing the other one that wakes up. I am hoping this is just a fluke..
with dd af came back at about 3 months, and then never returned until last month (month 10). either way its just your body working and doing its thing. revel in it.
I got mine 4.5 weeks postpartum and have had one every 28 days since except for this past cycle which last about 40 days? I am nursing these twins like 20 hours per day...I kinda wish I could have a break from it too...I get so weird when nursing on my period, it drives me nuts...hormonal thing I guess.
Quote:

Originally Posted by CathMac
Exclusive BF'ing is most effective when you nurse round the clock. It has something to do with maintaining a constant level or Prolactin & / or Oxytocin. Do you co-sleep?
I've had four kids, and I co-slept and nursed 'round the clock with all of them, and with all of them I got my period before 10 weeks pp. I think It's just the way I am. Sorry OP.
I got mine back around 6 months but I have friends that co-sleep and EBF and theirs came back at 2 months and 3 months. But maybe it's a fluke and it will go away again!
Good Lord woman! You are amazing!! I remember when my ds was "fresh from the oven" and feeling SO tired from nursing him all the time...how in the world do you do it?? I am beyond impressed!! Hats off to you!!!
See less See more
My hat off to you too. You are amazing! Tandem nursing three babies.

I'm sorry it might be AF and it's not what you want.
I spotted occasionally...just pink on the tp and that was it so maybe that's all it is for you.

Congrats on the twins. You must have nipples of steel and hguge bags under your eyes.

Kara
Thanks, everyone. Maybe it was just some random spotting. I am clinging to that hope!
I never thought I would be nursing 3 babies but it actually feels pretty normal.
See less See more
my cycle returned 4 months pp for one month (back in jan) but has not returned. and no, i am not pg! but i did take several tests! so it could just be a fluke, or it actually could be AF.

wow, you are amazing. i didn't know you could nurse twins.

sorry, just a little sarcasm i had to sneak in there!
OK, I won't tell you AF is on her way.....but you might be menstruating.

Our bodies are all different- some women get AF back after 4 weeks no matter what, others don't get AF until they completely wean their 3yo who's only nursing once a day.
See less See more
You said it was just pink?? I get that sometimes after DTD, and that happens with no pain- i just spot pink afterwards for some reason. The first couple times i've thought it may have been AF returning.

So...you should know by now what's going on...any update??
I had a couple days of really light spotting at about 13 weeks, I think. But I haven't had anything since and now ds is 4 1/2 months.
Quote:
wow, you are amazing. i didn't know you could nurse twins.sorry, just a little sarcasm i had to sneak in there!
Ok I am probably just a little emotional today, and I am probably taking this wrong, but that seemed a little mean. No I am not amazing, but it is not easy to nurse twins and a toddler.

As far as the update, no more spotting some maybe it was just a fluke!
See less See more
AF always came back within 2 months after delivery for me, even with co-sleeping and exclusively breastfeeding with all 3 of my kids. The only time I ever spotted was implantation- eek!
: Maybe it is a fluke after all (I would love to have a time with no period and not be pg!)

Anyway, congrats on what great work you are doing with providing your children with great milkies!
See less See more
I always got mine back right away also. Poor thing. I hope it works for you. Get yourself on alfalfa and fenugreek. Keep that supply up.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.