Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly, I have just realized that I only need to make 3 pantas for the holiday gifting frenzy, not 4. It's ok, b/c now I have an extra ball of yarn!
My SIL doesn't wear Things On Her Head, and lives in a climate where, truly, it would be silly for her to own one. But, she could use a nice airy scarf.....

My dilemma?? I'm all patterned out. I'm pooped. I've been scouring for free patterns for the last few weeks for everything from hats to sweaters to slippers to mittens, and while it's been fruitful, well, I'm sick of it. Aside from Branching Out on Knitty, I can't find a simple (I've never done lace anything before) lace pattern that won't kill me with the learning curve. So, who has a fun lacy scarf pattern for me???

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
There is one in the book Last Minute Quick Knits (I think that's the name) It's called Airy Scarf. It's way cute. Check your local library and see if they have the book.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
HEH I just sent my sis the link (she lives near Buffalo for goodness sake!) with a "oooh ahhh, wouldn't you want one of those?!". She replied with a "That's adorable, but it wouldn't look good on my head."
Back to the drawin board! EH, she needs thick wool socks anyhow, worsted weight, here we come!

Oh well, I know my twin sis would like one...

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenegirl View Post
The title of this thread cracks me up! I was reading it like a punishment. I was thinking I was going to open this thread to find out someone had pissed you off so No Panta for HER!
What a great idea!!!! They all better behave or I'll knit some nasty black and white garter scarf with fringe for whoever makes me mad......
:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FillingMyQuiver View Post
Hmm... not lacy, but here's a really pretty, FREE scarf...

http://www.curlypurly.com/pattern.html

it's towards the middle, the "Simple Dropped Yarnover Scarf". Marnie's patterns are REALLY easy to follow and they come out GREAT!!
I heart this scarf....I jsut made it for my sis that lives in Palm Springs, CA...um yah, she won't be needing a panta either!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.