Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but<br>
Can you conceive if you don't have a period? My dd was born 9 months ago and I still don't have my period back but I would like to start trying again very soon. With my ds I had my period back by 5 months. Does it depend on how much I nurse and when I nurse the most? I have a plan for when I want our next baby but it is hard to figure out when to try if I don't have a period.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Of heard of it happening, but I'm not sure how common it is. The most important thing is ovulating, obviously, and sometimes that *can* happen without a period.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Yes, you totally can concieve without having a period. Returning fertility has to do with a lot of things - often with the space between nursing (time wise) will greatly affect things. My last two boys have slept rather well at night kind of early on (like at least one 4 hour stretch) and I got AF back with regular fertility in 2.5m (this last time) and 3m even though we did not supplement or offer pacifiers, etc. For me it's frustrating but my cycles are very regular so that may have some to do with it.<br><br>
If you take your temperature upon waking (roughly the same time of day), you will be better able to tell if you are ovulating.<br><br>
Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts