Mothering Forum banner

No poo = clear skin?

885 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Spastica 
#1 ·
I've no pooed for a week now and I've noticed that my skin is soooo cler. I don't even have a single blackhead. My skin has never looked this great. Think it could be the no poo?

#2 ·
You may have been allergic to something in your shampoo or it could be that your skin may have suffered because you had yeast or sebhorreic dermatitis (oily dandruff) that cause your skin to break out, especially if you sleep with your hair untied.

Another thing is that apple cider vinegar and baking soda are both great at killing yeast. Apple Cider Vinegar is anti-fungal (and can help keep acne bacteria at bay). I personally use baking soda to exfoliate my face everyday to get rid of blackheads and dead skin buildup. I tone at night with diluted apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball. I've had better skin as a result. I also use a little tea tree oil every once in a while, but the apple cider vinegar works very well.

You may be going low-chemical elsewhere in the house too, so that may be helping. I don't have any itchy bumps on my hands from using things like Windex and Ajax as much now that I'm using white vinegar and baking soda.

Keeping your pillowcases washed regularly also helps keep your face from breaking out.

Spring is here, you might just be happy and stress-free

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.