Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that you've converted me to a no-poo fan, I have questions.
What other bath/body products do you make or buy crunchy versions of?

What do you use for baby products? Are there 'no tears' home recipes? Ds gets a 'rinse' once or twice a day, but only washed maybe every third day or so. I am hesitant to use baby wash anymore, but also worried that bs and acv will get in his eyes (got it my eyes, ow!). Also he is now a bubble bath addict. Found make it yourself bubble bath with castile soap, glycerin, water and EO in it. Are those non-toxic enough ingredients?

As a completely seperate but related rant - why do all baby/kid products have to be so heavily scented? Blech! I think babies smell nice as is. Heck I think dh smells nice as is. Am not too interested in having baby smell like powder, bubblegum, or blue raspberry. May make own bubble bath and kid soap for that reason alone.

· Registered
4,039 Posts
i used burts bees for the first year. i just found out the milk may contribute to allergies, tho
the smell is very mild. i kept a tiny travel size full and every now and then i steal a sniff...

i've heard good things about california baby

· Registered
4,890 Posts
I've used a lot of Burt's Bees stuff as well.... and, while I haven't tried the shampoo, I've tried other products from http://www.botanicalbee.com and loved them. I see on their site there is a no-tears shampoo, so that could be an option.

As for lotions, my absolute, hands-down favorite moisturizer for babies is the Baby Skin from http://www.naturalsimplicity.net ... I haven't ever gotten it scented, but if you like scents, there's quite a list to choose from. Even the unscented version 'smells' wonderful (basically, the ingredients smell nice together.. well, sort of.. I guess it doesn't really smell, so really it lets the BABY smell come through!). I can't say enough about the lotion really. I even use it on my face now because it's so gentle and so moisturizing.

· Registered
4,207 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessedwithboys
i used burts bees for the first year. i just found out the milk may contribute to allergies, tho
the smell is very mild. i kept a tiny travel size full and every now and then i steal a sniff...

i've heard good things about california baby
California Baby has a few really nice products. The others are almost nice. As in they add a few things like wax and SLS and things like that to preserve it. But I think the sensitive skin line is free from anything like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.