Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else gotten to that point where they can't eat much?

I never really had this with my first, I could eat normal-sized meals just fine the whole way though...but this time at 23 weeks, if I eat even a normal amount of food I just feel STUFFED. Like...Thanksgiving-meal stuffed... I guess I'll need to start adjusting and eating smaller meals. I know my stomach is in a totally different spot because when it growled earlier I could feel it up under my left rib cage! Guess it's really smooshed up there. Thankfully my heartburn hasn't been too bad...yet.

Anyone else with me?

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Umm, no...I'm not there yet. I need to get there soon because I just can't stop eating!

·
Registered
565 Posts
ya today i was starving and when it came time to eat i felt full after a few bites.
but within a couple of hours i was starving agian. Also I do have the horrible heartburn right now... I hate it i try to control it with tums but i finally had to start taking zantac. IF i dont take the zantac i am up 3 to 4 times a night eating 2-3 tums
oh well it will all be worth it in the end.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Oh yea...I made pasta primavera tonight and served myself too much, started eating it, and about halfway through I suddenly felt like I was going to explode.
NOT a good feeling. Guess I'd better start watching my portion sizes, huh?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Mostly, I've been eating WAY more than normal lately as I've been extra hungry. Although I do definitely notice feeling more stuffed afterwards than I would have before - I kind of assumed it was more because I was eating much larger portions though!

But then last night, I went to a "Progressive Dinner" in my business neighborhood. We went with a group of people to 4 different restaurants, then ended at our local dance studio for live music and dessert. Although everyone was talking about being stuffed after eating the 4 plates of food, I seriously felt like it was a real possibility that my stomach would burst open!! I kept apologizing to baby for squishing in with all the food in there

Good learning lesson to stop eating next time as soon as I feel full, even if the lobster risotto is really good! I definitely do not want to go through that feeling again if I can help it!

·
Registered
895 Posts
It's so weird lately I feel reversed. I was having issues eating very much at a sitting for pretty much this whole pregnancy but this week I seem to be able to eat a bit more. In fact a couple times I wanted more. Weird.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.