Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to Corpus Christi, TX and need to find a doctor for my LO. She's 6 months old and previously went to a naturopathic ped, in Portland, OR. She's totally vax free. Does anyone have any suggestions? What should I expect when I go into the appointment?

thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Who did you end up finding as a pediatrician? I am a new mother of a 4 week old, and we just got booted from our Dr because we chose to not vaccinate. It's difficult, and strange, because she was referred to us by two moms who also chose not to vaccinate, and they have had no problems with the doctor pressuring them or anything ( though their children are now older, 3 & 4 yrs old).
Anyway, I am having a tough time finding a pediatrician that is accepting of our choice, and the first Doctor just dismissed us (through a certified letter) less than a week before our scheduled one month checkup. Any help or direction is appreciated.

-Ella
Corpus Christi Texas

·
Registered
1 Posts
H
Quote:
Originally Posted by arieltron View Post

Hi,
I'm new to Corpus Christi, TX and need to find a doctor for my LO. She's 6 months old and previously went to a naturopathic ped, in Portland, OR. She's totally vax free. Does anyone have any suggestions? What should I expect when I go into the appointment?
thanks!
hi just wondering if u ever found a vax-free friendly dr??? I'm having trouble myself. In need of some help!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I live in Corpus. I have found a doctor that does not agree with not vaxing...but he also does not flip out at you. He doesn't push.

His name is Dr. Dohi.

http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-david-dohi-xyx9y

I have only gone to him once. I thought my 20 month old possibly had pertussis. He ordered a nose swab and it came out that he had croup.

He did not freak out when I told him that my child had not had any vaccines at all. When I told him I had found his name on a no vax friendly list, he said he knew his name was on there, but that he does believe in fully vaccinating.

Its the best I have found so far!

I would love to find a doctor that was more like minded. I am still not sure of what I am going to do in the future. But for right now, I want to hold off on the vaccines, at least until he is school age.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi,

I use to live in the Corpus Christi area, but moved away 2 years ago. I have a list of 4 doctors that were ok with not or delayed vaxing. Keep in mind this list is several years old, so it may be outdated.

Dr. Dan Dubberly and Dr. Lee Guin at Longevity and Wellness Center

Dr. John E. Schultz

Dr. Edward Borchard at Corpus Christi Tots and Teens

Dr. William Fader

1 - 7 of 7 Posts