Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well--our saga continues~~<br>
We saw another pediatric dentist who was waaaay more conservative than the last. Just 4 little composite fillings is what he reccomended. But he would like to to sedate ds with 'Notec'-- chloro hydrate, I think? Any input/ experience? I did a search with Noctec and nothing came up---Smilemomma or Malamamama, maybe you can point me to the appropriate thread if there is one. I was relieved with this course of treatment since the last ped. dentist wanted to cap all 4 front teeth and do pulpotomies with iv sedation. Any feedback is much appreciated!<br>
Thanks, Mila

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Isn't it amazing that there could be two so very different solutions and perspectives?????<br>
Makes me wonder if what my dd has had done was really what needed to be done, but it will make me crazy to think too much on that one at this point!<br>
Anyway....It's good that you got another opinion. As for the sedative, I did a search for chlorohydrate and the thread "Treatment Options" came up. When I scrolled thru quickly, I didn't see the highlight, but you might check it out. The other thread that came up (hospitalization/general anathesia), had only a mention on the last page by a Mama who didn't feel comfortable with it????. You might try a google search if Smilemomma doesn't see your post.<br>
Good Luck to you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts