Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here used Noeo Science? I am looking for as many reviews as possible before I invest the money in it.

I am looking for a science curriculum that presents stuff in a very organized, connected fashion. It should include relevant experiments. It should be set up in brief segments, but still allow depth. It is for a young child who is very academically capable in science, so intense and brief are two characteristics that are important to me.

I am considering their Chemistry I set, which is marketed to 5-8 year olds, but looks nitty-gritty (on the surface anyway). My child knows that atoms are inside molecules, that electrons are inside atoms (and create electricity), and that there are different kinds of atoms. He understands the properties of solids, liquids and gases. He is very intensely interested in science. I am trying to find out if this curriculum is a good match for him. If anyone has used the Noeo Chemistry I curriculum, can you please tell me if the Level I curric is a suitable match, based on what I've just listed about my son? I don't want to spend that much money before I ascertain that the material and learning objectives are suitable for him.

If this were a subject area that I were comfortable in, I would not hesitate to create my own curriculum with library books. As it is, science is a very weak area for me and my child is demanding more than I can give him. I have tried getting library books and educating myself but I feel as though I'm floundering and not giving him what he needs. This is why I am planning on spending the money on the curriculum. So, before I spent that money, I was hoping to hear from others who have familiarity with it.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I haven't seen the curriculum you are referring to but I wanted to offer another one http://www.rainbowresource.com/prodd...7796&id=022079
The Elements Intro to Chemistry Curriculum. I'm often pretty unimpressed with curriculums but this is really the exception. My son loved it, there is a lot of substance here and the activities really are creative and well put together. It isn't at all flashy to look at but the ideas are fantastic. I wish I could find something as good for other subjects.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roar
I haven't seen the curriculum you are referring to but I wanted to offer another one http://www.rainbowresource.com/prodd...7796&id=022079
The Elements Intro to Chemistry Curriculum. I'm often pretty unimpressed with curriculums but this is really the exception. My son loved it, there is a lot of substance here and the activities really are creative and well put together. It isn't at all flashy to look at but the ideas are fantastic. I wish I could find something as good for other subjects.
Thank you! I really appreciate the suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.