Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm not asking this on the Christian message boards I normally frequent because I do NOT want to argue. Let's just say while I'm not 100% sure I believe in strict evolution, I do not believe in Creationism as its typically taught. And, regardless of which I might belive in as a matter of religion, I feel its vitally important for my children to learn science from the normally accepted stance, evolution and all. I was not taught evolution by a rapid Christian Science teacher in high school who skipped the entire section in our books...and I struggled mightily in college Biology for a lack of basic building blocks.<br><br>
So, what is a top-notch, hands-on science cirruculum that does not approach it from a Creationism standpoint? I need for late elem and junior high school for now (I'm doing okay in the early elem grades with the little ones). I've got an incoming 6th grader that needs to get some real meat and potatoes type of science now. And, he needs to get something that wouldn't get him laughed out of a college science classroom to learn.<br><br>
Please, no offense to those who teach Creationism if you opened this thread. I'm just not interested, nor am I interested in debating it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts