Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I saw a thread on this, but can't find it now.<br><br>
What do you do when you take an EC baby to Aunt Jeanette's house as a houseguest?! My aunt is very supportive of <i>most</i> of our weird parenting ideas. But,.....this will be so 'radical', kwim?<br><br>
:::sigh::::: It's not like I care about acceptance, but I don't want this to impact her at all like getting on her carpet, etc.<br><br>
What have the rest of you done? We will be there from July 1 thru the 4th. I'm thinking about just waiting to start til we get back.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
it's still possible to do EC while using diapers (cloth with no cover is a great option) as back-up between trips to the potty. would that not work for you?<br>
out of respect for other people's homes i almost always make sure that my DD is wearing some kind of diaper or trainer that will contain a miss. it rarely gets used though, she seems to be more receptive to pottying when we out and about.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I KWYM. But I started ecing my little ones from birth even though I often go "home" when they are a 4 - 5 weeks to see the Family. I just do my best and keep them in clothe between pees and poos. I just set some ec goals so I can stay on track. Like "i will catch first morning pees/ after nap pees and obvious poops that are just waiting for the potty. Everything else will be a bonus. Who knows maybe your family will like to help you. If you explain the cues/timing that you watch for they may actually give you a hand. I mean ecing is fun.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have been surprised at how receptive, even excited people are about this. My mother, who I thought would think we had really gone off the deep end, said it was great, she was proud of me, and wished she had thought to do such a thing.<br><br>
I just use cloth with no cover when we are guests. I bring plenty of spares, too, so I don't get all uptight about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts