Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have frequented this site on and off for the past year, but now it looks like my dd is showing me signs I should start ec'ing her, finally, lol
She is 15m, curently recovering from roseola, she's still feeling yucky

But on Sat she came up to me and grunted then signaled me to follow her and she went into the bathroom and tapped the toilet and made more grunting noises(I grunt in front of her purposely when I go bm), so I checked her dipe, and she had bm'd! So I tossed it in the toilet and wiped her bum with toilet paper and we flushed, then she tapped on the seat again and grunted, so I placed her on and she was very comfortable just sitting there holding on to me, but nothing happened
Later that day when I changed her dipe, she took off for the bathroom again, so I placed her on the toilet, but nothing, but we were both excited about her efforts. We cloth diaper too.

Yesterday, after going swimming, we were bf outside and she finished, then got off of me and peed in the grass(thru her bathing suit
) and more and more when she bm's she lets me know right away or fusses and acts like there's a big bm in her dipe, can I help? lol

So since it's summer and I'm a wahm, is it too late, are these just growing toddler stuff, where do you start for a 15m old?

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
I would go for it! She is obviously interested in the potty and is trying ot tell you when she has to go, so why not? It may be a cross between EC and PT at her age, but the result can be the same -- a potty using toddler! I would look for a potty for her or get one of those soft potty seats that sit on the regular toilet and then just explain to her that she should tell you if she has to go potty. If there are times you know she has to go like after naps, take her in there and see what happens! If you get a potty chair, you can just put her on it whenever you go and when she goes, you can kinda make a big deal -- my dd loves clapping for herself!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.