Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find blanket sleepers in 12 month and larger sizes that are NOT flame resistant? and preferably have gripper on the feet.<br><br>
Carters, Lands End and the Childrens place are all flame resistant.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
you can't. I think it's a federal law or something that they be flame-resistant. (I am sure someone here will correct me if I'm mistaken.) You can find longjohns and other clothing items without the flame-retardant that are not marketed as sleepwear, though, but they wouldn't have the footies in them.<br><br>
a bit off-topic, but how in the world do you get your baby to wear pajamas that have the feet in them? Neither of my kids can stand to have their feet covered at night (I'm the same way myself - DH thinks it's hilarious).

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually she hasn't yet (well, maybe once or twice) slept with footed PJs. The infant sleepers are all (well not all, just the couple of Carters ones we have) cotton or cotton terry with no flame retardant.<br><br>
Right now she's been wearing 2 piece cotton PJ sets. The specifically state that they aren't flame resistant. prior to that, she was just wearing a t-shirt or long sleeved shirt with no pants.<br><br>
But it's getting cold and I thought a blanket sleeper might be better for her.<br><br>
Although changing diapers with a 2 piece pj is easier.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
I think the ones at the Gap do not have any chemicals in them. (You are asking about fleece-type sleepers, right?) And they have some grip on the soles I'm pretty sure.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Sleepwear that is marketed as "sleepwear" has to be flame-resistant or very snug fitting. My kids hate tight sleeves (so do I) so that rules out most.<br><br>
We use Hanna Andersson "<a href="http://www.hannaandersson.com/category.asp?mcn=1&gpId=156&pcPos=5&ggpId=&gpcPos=" target="_blank">Zippers</a>" & "<a href="http://www.hannaandersson.com/category.asp?mcn=2&gpId=24&pcPos=8&ggpId=&gpcPos=" target="_blank">LongJohns</a>" here. They don't have footies though. We just use socks.<br><br><a href="http://www.gymboree.com/index.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=750991&bmUID=1103082961197" target="_blank">Gymboree</a> carries a PJ with feet that is all cotton (very snug sleeves) that's called a Gymmie. They work if you have a "skinny" child.

·
Registered
708 Posts
You can find all-cotton non-flame-retardant jammies at Carter's. That's where I have bought all of dd's jammies. Since 6 months old, she has worn their 2-piece sets.<br><br>
I'm not completely sure about this, but I think that the pajamas only need to have the flame-retardant chemical in them if they are not made to be snug-fitting. If they are snug-fitting, they do not require the chemical, because there is no loose fabric.<br><br>
All the cotton pajamas I buy at Carter's are very snug-fitting (like long-johns). Their flame-retardant pajamas are all looser.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
There was a thread with the same question not too long ago, and someone posted that she had emailed carter's and they replied that they don't use chemical flame retardents on their polyester blanket sleepers--the fabric is naturally flame retardent. You can probably find the thread by doing a search of this forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts