Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nak
So I buy this raw milk from the store and today I realize it doesn't say "organic" on it. It does say "hormone free" though. It's impossible to get in touch with the farm, I've tried a few times. Is this ok to drink? Or am I better off with pasteurized?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I personally I think it is better than pastuerized.....I grew up on non organic raw milk and my kids have done well on it too....before we discovered the dairy allergy..hehe It won't be the same..but raw is still better than doctored.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
As long as the cows are grass fed and not grain fed I wouldn't worry about it. No one goes to the trouble to sprey a cow's grass field, but grain can have all sorts of pesticide and fertilizer residues.

·
Registered
709 Posts
It is FAR better than pasteurized.

You will not find many small dairys that are listed as Organic. It is VERY expensive to get certified.

MOst important thing is grass-fed. The MORE the better.
100% grass-fed is the best. Find out what your farmer is feeding them. You should have NICE cream top on you milk and it should be a nice yellow color.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.