Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have homeschooled our two since birth. We have also moved 3 times since they were born, 7 years....

I believe if everyone would follow, what is said to be, Jesus Christ's teachings that this world would be an incredible place in which to live. I can not however say I am Christian. There are days when I wish I had that faith but my moral compass will not allow me to lie and say I do.

Therefore I am still searching for non-Christian based support groups, we are currently in Missouri. We are also contemplating moving again and this time I want to move somewhere that has other homeschoolers more similar to our ideology. Anyone out there know of a really cool smaller city or town that could use a glassblower and family. I am the ultimate organizational person. I plan big events, ask for donations, organize etc. etc......Our kids are into dance, music, soccer, and playing. We love Science Centers and Gardens.

Any information would be appreciated.
Thank you
Michelle

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Ann Arbor, Michigan. Kind of biggish, liberal college town but surrounded by small towns and very big on Artisans.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Oh, and a great botanical garden, arboretum, hands on science center, natural history museum, beautiful parks, crunchy people, the works.

·
Registered
529 Posts
We're in MD and belong to an umbrella group (which, by law, has to be part of a "church school" or "educational ministry") composed of families that are Christian, Wiccan, Jewish, Pagan, Agnostic, Atheist, etc. Many of the homeschoolers at our co-op are Christian, but many are not.

We have Washington DC, Baltimore and Philadelphia (and, to a lesser extent, NYC) within driving distance for all the science/cultural goodies I can think of, including the Crayola factory, National (and many local) Arboretum, performance arts and whatnot.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
There are many non-religious hs groups all over the country. If you aren't finding what you need then create it yourself. That is what I did. It was very easy. Post to your large homeschool loop what you are looking for and what responces you get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts