Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'll pop in a YogaKids DVD tomorrow and remind myself, but I don't think there's much (if any) spiritual stuff in it. They're in Netflix's catalog, so you might want to get one and watch it for yourself.

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
I was also going to suggest Yoga Kids, but I don't know what you consider "spiritual." It does say "Namaste. The light in me sees (can't remember what word is here) the light in you" (or something very similar)

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup. We have Yoga Kids ABC's & Silly to Calm. That's precisely the part I'd prefer to avoid. I'm looking for something completely non-spiritual.

·
Registered
593 Posts
In that case, I don't think there are any. Since yoga is a mind/body practice, references to the inner workings of the mind and spirit are typical.

If a Christian approach would work, I know there are some yoga-like videos from a Christian perspective, but I don't think there are any aimed specifically at children.

Maybe a book better fit your needs. My Daddy is Pretzel might work if you are willing to edit a sentence here and there. The Yoga Pretzel cards might also be appropriate, if you take out the cards that don't sit well with you, or edit them as you read the text.

If you want to put together your own series of movements to do with your kids, someone recently posted a recommendation for this book: Yoga For You And Your Child. There are Like New copies available quite cheaply in the used page on Amazon.

This list on Amazon might also be helpful: Great Resources for Kids Yoga.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jplain View Post
In that case, I don't think there are any. Since yoga is a mind/body practice, references to the inner workings of the mind and spirit are typical.
I do realize there's a whole question of whether yoga w/out any spiritual element is actually yoga at all.

Thanks for all the recommendations!

I'm still hoping for a non-spiritual kids DVD, if anyone happens to know of one. My kids had lots of fun w/the DVD, but the spiritual aspects just don't mesh with our philosophy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.