Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am at a total loss. a bit of background. My friend felt like she was having contractions at 32 weeks. When she described them to me it did not sound like contractions it sounded like round ligament pain. the pain never wrapped around her back or up her stomach, it just ran along her pelvic line, and was worse when she moved around, like a throbbing pain. But regardless she thought she was having contractions. So she called her Dr's office and they prescribed twice weekly non stress tests. No fetal fibronectin test, no cervical length measuring. Just twice weekly non stress tests and once weekly ultrasounds. She's been doing this for 5 weeks, but I can't understand what they are doing this for. She has no complications, the baby is of good size no interuterine growth restriction. She's got good blood pressure. the baby has great kick counts. Is this crazy, or am I missing something.

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Weird, I gotta think that I'm missing something. Is she diabetic or does she have high blood pressure that's medicated or something?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope, not diabetic, no high blood sugar, her blood pressure is 100 over 60. I truely think it's a money thing.<br><br>
No she works in an office and not around any animals at all. I don't get it.<br><br>
They didn't even test her for a bladder infection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts