Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I recently moved to the Bentonville, Arkansas area. We have a 2 year old and a newborn. Our first son, we didn't get vaccinated, and where we lived we didn't have any problems with our pediatrician. Now that we have moved, finding a doctor who is non-vaccine friendly for our newborn is a bit of a challenge. Any suggestions on a family doctor or a pediatrician? Thank you!

-Sara

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
Hi sarabeth, I'm sorry I'm not from your area and not able to offer any advice, but I am bumping this up for more attention. I hope one of the local parents can help out with some information. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I really recommend joining the Natural Moms of Benton County group on facebook as well as the group called Birth Junkies of NWA. Both groups get this question a lot and these moms can offer you their experiences with many different doctors in the area.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am moving back to NWA from Austin, TX, and I'm in need of a delayed/selective vaccination-friendly doc as well. Can anyone recommend someone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are brand new to NWA. We have a 12.5 month old, uncirc'd, mostly unvaxed son. I was wondering the same thing about finding a pediatrician. We went to Mercy Peds once and saw Dr. Jewell, who said he to be caught up immediatly. He has only had 2 vax his whole life, and she was pretty upset about that. So, needless to say, she is no longer our Ped.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am on the brink of a move to the Harrison, AR area and would love to know of a non-vax friendly ped (or, better yet, family doctor) myself. Anyone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any Answers?

So, did anyone ever figure out anything? Is there a non-vaccine friendly doctor in NWA? I am now reconsidering my stance on vaccines, at least partially, but currently I'm not ready to do anything, but I need one of my children evaluated for autism. I'm thinking maybe I can just start taking her to a speech pathologist without going to a ped first, because language delay is the main problem. None of my children have had any vaccines, and until I figure out whether I've changed my stance or not, I want it to stay that way. I'd already printed out new patient forms online on one ped clinic's website, and then I saw their vaccine policy where it stated that if you refuse, you're not allowed to get care in that clinic.

·
Registered
849 Posts
my list. any additions please let me know through PM here!! thanks! Liora

ARKANSAS

BENTON: Jim Brewer, and Janna Jennings (call to see if accepting new patients, don't mention vaccine thing)

CABOT: Cabot Medical Clinic. Jeffrey Stamp and Deborah Cerrato 2037 W Main St Cabot, AR 72023-(501) 843-4555

CONWAY: Alex Freeman, Kelly Stayley

CROSSETT: Dr. Garcia

GREENWOOD: Dr. Aaron White 479 996 4111
HARRISON Dr. Geoffrey Dunaway
JONESBORO- AR Care Dr. Henry Allen 2816 Fox Meadow Ln, Jonesboro, AR 72404 (870) 336-1675 arcare.net/
LITTLE ROCK: 1) Central Clinic for Women. Ashley Deed MD/OBGYN 9601 Baptist Health Dr. Ste 500 Little Rock, AR 72205 (501) 227-5885 2) Eugene Lu MD AR Pediatric Clinic 500 S. University Avenue. Suite 200 Little Rock, AR 72205 501-664-4117 Note: will accept patients on an alternative vax schedule only. You can choose to delay vaccines up until 6-9 mos but if you're not going to start vaccinating by then you'll need to find a new dr! 3) Dr Johnny Ledbetter Little Rock Children's Clinic 9600 Lile Drive, Suite 360 Little Rock, AR 72205 (501) 227 6727 littlerockchildrensclinic.com 4) Leah Youngblood MD Little Rock Children's Clinic 9600 Baptist health drive # 360 Little Rock, AR 72205 501-227-6727
SEARCY: Ben T. Wilkins at Searcy Kids and More 400 S Main St Suite 200 Searcy, AR 72143 (501) 279-0502-Please be prepared if you meet the nurse practitioner. She pushes vaccines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my list. any additions please let me know through PM here!! thanks! Liora

ARKANSAS

BENTON: Jim Brewer, and Janna Jennings (call to see if accepting new patients, don't mention vaccine thing)

CABOT: Cabot Medical Clinic. Jeffrey Stamp and Deborah Cerrato 2037 W Main St Cabot, AR 72023-(501) 843-4555

CONWAY: Alex Freeman, Kelly Stayley

CROSSETT: Dr. Garcia

GREENWOOD: Dr. Aaron White 479 996 4111
HARRISON Dr. Geoffrey Dunaway
JONESBORO- AR Care Dr. Henry Allen 2816 Fox Meadow Ln, Jonesboro, AR 72404 (870) 336-1675 arcare.net/
LITTLE ROCK: 1) Central Clinic for Women. Ashley Deed MD/OBGYN 9601 Baptist Health Dr. Ste 500 Little Rock, AR 72205 (501) 227-5885 2) Eugene Lu MD AR Pediatric Clinic 500 S. University Avenue. Suite 200 Little Rock, AR 72205 501-664-4117 Note: will accept patients on an alternative vax schedule only. You can choose to delay vaccines up until 6-9 mos but if you're not going to start vaccinating by then you'll need to find a new dr! 3) Dr Johnny Ledbetter Little Rock Children's Clinic 9600 Lile Drive, Suite 360 Little Rock, AR 72205 (501) 227 6727 littlerockchildrensclinic.com 4) Leah Youngblood MD Little Rock Children's Clinic 9600 Baptist health drive # 360 Little Rock, AR 72205 501-227-6727
SEARCY: Ben T. Wilkins at Searcy Kids and More 400 S Main St Suite 200 Searcy, AR 72143 (501) 279-0502-Please be prepared if you meet the nurse practitioner. She pushes vaccines.
Is this list still accurate? Currently found out Ledbetter is retiring and I'm having a minor 9 month pregnant freak out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this list still accurate? Currently found out Ledbetter is retiring and I'm having a minor 9 month pregnant freak out.
If you haven't found a provider yet, I can DM you a list! I don't feel comfortable posting it in the interest of avoiding harassment for the providers.(If you did find someone, I would also love to know who!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you haven't found a provider yet, I can DM you a list! I don't feel comfortable posting it in the interest of avoiding harassment for the providers.(If you did find someone, I would also love to know who!)
Omg I could cry! Yes please please!! Thank you!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Could you send me the list as well?! I would greatly appreciate it!
I've tried a few doctors here now and so disappointed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I would so appreciate the list also if you don’t mind!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts