Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I know I'm a little ahead of myself here with my oldest only being 3 and a half; but I'm wondering if anyone happens to know if private schools have to accept vaccine waivers in CA. I'm afraid that since they're not public, it's up to their own discretion. I really don't trust the public schools here, would like to homeschool (but don't think I have the patience), so private is my last option. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Try posting this on the vax forum. Long Island would probably know the laws. I *think* the answer is no. If a school receives NO public funding, then they can accept or deny anyone they want for any reason they want (including not vax'ing).

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
i agree, post this over on the vax forum, theres some more knowledgeble women over there, but I think its no as well.........private institutions eg privatly run daycares and schools dont have to accept a waiver.

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
My DS is about to go into 1st grade in a private school and I signed the same waver I did for public school. The school also had its own medical form to fill in and one of the questions was: Has your child been immunized/partially immunized? I thought this was great because it almost assumes that the norm is not immunized! Anyway, I just answered "no". My children have attended several private preschools and all of them just required I sign the the same form as the public schools and the fact my children aren't vaccinated has never been an issue.

I do live in a very progressive city with a highly educated population and a very low vax rate compared to the rest of the country, so that might be why.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You should ask at the private school itself. I know ours follows the exact same guidelines as the public school~~

Linda

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaCl
You should ask at the private school itself. I know ours follows the exact same guidelines as the public school~~

Linda
: My children and myself have all attended private schools at one point or another and never had any problems at all. We, also, have never been vax'd.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. I suspected that it was up to the school. I don't know why I'm freaking out about it now when I still have 2 years to go. Must be the pregnancy hormones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts