Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been needing to pee lots more which i put down to being pregnant,
but iv also noticed that now especially in bed at night, i can go for a pee get into bed and 2 mins later need to pee again, but only a little bit comes out, then same thing happens again and again is very annoying
it doesn't hurt or burn at all, and i have no pain or discomfort

Jools

·
Registered
771 Posts
I would call your provider. I had one last weekend and that is how they always seem to start out with me. Tons of peeing but never feeling emptied out all the way. They the discomfort hit me it was really bad. They may want to see you and culture your urine but for sure call.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This sounds just like what I'm experiencing. No pain at all. I decided I must be needing more water so I drank a bunch and peed more than I had been. The frequency is still there though. I hope no UTI...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I pee constantly when I'm in the later stages of pregnancy. I can go and then go have to go just small amt 10 min later....so maddening! But it's not related to UTIs for me. It's just that the baby moves and puts pressure in different spots.

But you can tell a UTI very easily with a test strip that your caregiver probably has.

If you are prone to UTIs when you are pregnant I'd start on D-Mannose powder. It's for bladder health and helps prevent UTIs. I ONLY get UTIs when I'm pregnant and this has helped me keep them under control. You can get it at a health food store and there's no side effects!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
think im going to call tomorrow and find out because i am prone to UTIs when im not pregnant and they often develop into kidney infections fast which i am guessing would be even worse when pregnant
i feel like i can't empty my bladder properly and its getting slightly sore now too so prob is a UTI

·
Registered
447 Posts
I peed every 5 seconds with my first pregnancy. I think its just the growing uterus putting pressure on my bladder, making it feel like I need to pee when I actually pprolly dont. This pregnancy, it only seems to happen at night. I get up 10 times, I swear!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I might have it checked out just to be sure. My midwife talked about this at my last appointment. She said UTIs can often present atypically in pregnant women- with more pressure than pain. But it is more typical in later pregnancy. I am peeing a lot more, and at night too. But I use a tip I read...maybe my midwife suggested it, can't remember...but basically to lean forward and do like a kegel and release to allow your bladder to fully empty. (It is like if you are familiar with the form of body relaxation where you concentrate on a muscle and then fully relax it, muscle by muscle...) It is common for pregnant women to have difficulty emptying the bladder fully.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had the same problem with my 1st pregnancy. I would go to the bathroom and just a tiny trickle would come out, then I had to go again in 10 minutes! I became so used to it that an hour after I had DD I went to the bathroom and peed for real and since I was still kind of out of it, I looked down and then looked up at the nurse and said "whats happening to me?" I was used to my tiny trickle! Im pretty sure the nurse thought I was crazy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.