Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a couple days ago about feeling pelvic/cervical pressure, that "baby pushing down" feeling of later pregnancy, I'm 21 weeks. I've noticed that I've been crampy today, and although the pelvic pressure is mostly gone at the moment, I had it yesterday afternoon and earlier today for a while. The pressure/crampiness seems to increase throughout the day, then go away at night and in the morning. I've noticed a definite increase in both with activity. I'm not having any bleeding, contractions or an increase in braxton hicks. Nothing officially alarming, but I am noticing this big increase in pressure and cramping.<br><br>
I haven't called my midwives yet, which I know I should... I'm just delaying because, honestly, I'm afraid they'll tell me to either come in or go to the hospital. Neither of which I want to do! Their office is an hour away, as is the hospital they are affiliated with. DH is an hour away in a different direction, and DD not due off the bus for an hour. I'm resting this afternoon, with my feet up and someone else here to chase DS. I'm planning on taking tomorrow off work, and taking it really easy tonight to see if this feeling goes away. My Mommy radar is alerted, which probably concerns me more than anything else!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I've been having pelvic pressure/pain off and on too. Sometimes it feels like I have a bladder infection. This is my second child and my midwife said that after having a child, the lower part of the uterus relaxes very quickly during pregnancy. So everything hangs much "lower." She said that's why a lot of women have incontinence and the "bladder infection" feeling I'm having. She suggested I try a maternity belt to take some pressure off of my cervix.<br><br>
I don't know if this is what's going on with you but I wanted to let you know it CAN be normal to have pelvic pressure/pain. Oh and I'm also 21 weeks. But it wouldn't hurt to call your midwife. She might not send you off to the hospital!

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
It was normal for me, and it happened around the same exact time too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts