Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I am due April 1st and this is my third pregnancy.  A couple of days ago I lost a little blob of mucus plug (like maybe a tablespoon).  This happened once in the beginning of the pregnancy too.  I figure it's not a big deal, as there was no blood associated, and my body probably just makes more.  Almost daily it kind of feels like the baby is kicking or punching my cervix and also maybe there are Braxton-Hicks.  That day that I lost the bit of plug I think there was a lot of action going on.  Also, I am thinking that maybe since it is my third pregnancy that the cervix is not as tight as before?  Mostly I am just coming on here to hear if this is fairly common, since I don't remember experiencing it before.  Of course it's a little scary because I don't want this baby to come early, but my intuition says that it's ok.</p>

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
<p>i was about to post the same thing on here. I'm due May 2nd and had a little glob(maybe the size of a dime) pass..way more than usual. No blood, feeling more pressure than usual and BH all the time. I'm only 22 weeks..</p>

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
<p>yes, the mucus plug is continuously renewing itself, and most women pass little pieces all the time, but small enough that it just seems like normal discharge. nothing to worry about. </p>

·
Registered
154 Posts
<p>lol, must be the season. I'm due around the same time as OP and I swear I lost a bit of my mucus plug two evenings ago. Only with me there WAS blood in the mucus. Then there was no bleeding (and no discharge, which is unusual for me) all of yesterday until I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. Then when Í wiped there was a bit of mucus streaked with blood. Siiigh. Then this morning I had some brown discharge.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I called my midwife the first night and told her that it really reminded me of a bloody show and she said bleeding is very common in pregnancy but if it increases or I show signs of preterm labor, I should definitely call and let her know so I can be evaluated for preterm labor.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My next appointment is on Tuesday, fortunately, because I don't feel like I'm going to be stress free until I see them, talk with them in person and they assure me everything is going to be fine! I never bled or lost any of my mucus plug with my first pregnancy until I was in labor!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Edit: So, I actually started having bloody discharge pretty much everytime I went to the bathroom. So I ended up talking to my midwife again and getting poked to make sure everything was fine since I was also feeling really achy and a ton of pelvic pressure. The bleeding stopped before I came in (it was mostly just on the toilet paper) and everything was fine with the exam. Whew. Then I got a good night's sleep for a change and feel 98% better this morning. Yay!</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts