Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone live in the North GA mountains? We're thinking about moving there and we were curious as to the cost of living in particular the cost of houses. Can a single-income family live fairly comfortably around there? Thanks for any info!!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Yeah, I woudl think you can live pretty cheaply there, though I know prices have gone up in the last few years. I woudl think that you will want to steer clear of the areas on lakes, the big resort areas, and the areas that are turning into Atlanta suburbs, like Dalonehga.

It is beautiful there!!!

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! We vacationed in Blue Ridge last Thankgiving and just fell in love with the mountains! And it's not too far from my brother and SIL. We're really hoping to be able to move there. DH is looking for a job there now..I so hope we end up there!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CathToria
Yeah, I woudl think you can live pretty cheaply there, though I know prices have gone up in the last few years. I woudl think that you will want to steer clear of the areas on lakes, the big resort areas, and the areas that are turning into Atlanta suburbs, like Dalonehga.

It is beautiful there!!!

ITA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts