Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just popping in, i've been on the forum for awhile, but only just discovered this "UK" area. Thought I'd say hello to other UK moms!
I've lived here for close to three years and I'm expecting my first child in 5 weeks time

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Hiya! I'm t'other end of the country myself, but my kids grandparents live in Sandbach.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Hiya! I'm t'other end of the country myself, but my kids grandparents live in Sandbach.
oh wow...that's like...the next town over!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Quote:
oh wow...that's like...the next town over!
When I lived in Mexico and met americans they used to say stuff like 'I have a cousin in xxx do you know him?' because they thought the UK was so small

Sometimes its not as unlikely as it may seem

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by orangefoot View Post
When I lived in Mexico and met americans they used to say stuff like 'I have a cousin in xxx do you know him?' because they thought the UK was so small

Sometimes its not as unlikely as it may seem

yeah that's very true over here!

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I know
Although I'm 300 miles away from home one of the first people I met when we moved here was a woman from Durham who had been taught by my mother. It's all just "seven steps to Kevin Bacon"...
I remember Congleton, though, pretty little place.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I just want to say hi! too...i just found the UK tribe. I've lived here in London over 1 year and have a 6.5 month ds. born here.

welcome!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Hi evenstarlight! I think we may know each other...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice to meet you all. I am a lurker for a while now on this forum and discovered only today this UK area. I'm in Hartford, near Northwich.
We have moved from the Netherlands into England more than two years ago, lived near Porthmouth before moving to Cheshire.

Lizet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts