Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any wild and wonderful places, with trees, water and fresh air, that are still affordable there?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Itlbokay
Any wild and wonderful places, with trees, water and fresh air, that are still affordable there?
NNY is pretty huge so I'm sure you could find a place.
I know there are some posters in the Canton area that seem to love it there. College town, crunchy folks, etc.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I am in the Gore Mt. area...around North Creek, and real estate is pretty high-priced. Not much for less than $100,000.

Course...can't stay that way forever though.
... J.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm a Canton area lover
!! St Lawrence county is still cheap and empty. Check out the Colton-Pierrepont area if you like the Adirondacks. It's really close to the park but still pretty reasonable!!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
WE are looking into relocating to Ithaca.

What college is in Canton? Is it a small town feel or a bit more city like???

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by flowers
WE are looking into relocating to Ithaca.

What college is in Canton? Is it a small town feel or a bit more city like???
St. Lawrence University is in Canton. It's definitely small town feel!

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
I live in Ithaca
and the housing market is getting a bit crazy around here, so if you plan on moving/buying I'd say do it soon!

Just outside of Ithaca is really lovely and not too pricey...lots of little tiny rural towns like Perry City or Mecklenburg or Freeville, middle sized towns like Trumansburg (pretty crunchy these days, but it was less so when I was growing up there) or Groton, and larger small towns like Watkins Glen are all nice and within easy travel distance to Ithaca.

flower...if you want to PM me with questions about Ithaca, feel free!

·
Registered
9,488 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wombatclay
Trumansburg (pretty crunchy these days, but it was less so when I was growing up there)
I used to date a guy from T-burg, and he told me (in the mid-80s) that it was a pretty crunchy town!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts