Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant, and we are moving to Sterling literally less than a week before my due date (eek!). We do live in NoVA currently, just further away (Woodbridge). I want to work with a pediatrician near our new home so we won't end up having to switch so soon after birth. I looked up peds within 5 miles of my new zip code that accept my insurance, and I got 50+ results, so I just don't even know where to begin! I do want to vax, but possibly use an extended/delayed schedule. Open to suggestions  :)</p>

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I live in Herndon and currently see Dr. Bunger with Whole Child Pediatrics in Ashburn. I really like Dr. Bunger but have not gotten a warm feeling from the other two peds in the practice (have seen each once). She is fine with me delaying and selecting vaxes although still prefers to vax. She comented very positively on my wearing my baby and mentioned that she doesn't believe in sleep training. But from what I have heard, they are not great for breastfeeding support although I have not had any issues on the nursing front since becoming a patient there so cannot speak personally to that.<br><br>
If I decide to move my kids, it will be to my doctor, Dr. Cooper with Herndon Family Medicine. I spoke to him regarding selective/delayed vax and he was okay with that. He mentioned having some patients who are completely unvaxed. He did say that he believes the benefits outweigh the risks.<br><br>
(I am considering moving them because Dr Bunger only works a part time schedule so I realize that for sick appointments we will likely end up seeing another dr. It defeats the purpose of staying with a practice for a single doctor.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts