Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I just moved to Northern Virginia and am interested in joining/starting a hollistic mom's group. Does anyone know of any nearby?

Also I need a good hollistic pediatrician just in case my DS ever needs to go to one.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I don't know of any...

But I'm also in NoVa. I could be interested! I'm not as crunchy as most, as long as that's ok! I work so it would have to be on the weekends for me...

Welcome to Northern VA.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Welcome to the area. Where exactly are you if you don't mind me asking? We have a great group of families who have been meeting up lately, but if you're down in Alexandria or that area it would probably be too far for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also recently moved back to the N. Va area (Ashburn) and am interested in joining a hollistic mom's group. Also looking for an open minded pediatrician who is understanding of my views on not vaccinating my baby. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
832 Posts
We're not especially active anymore (need someone motivated really) other than on the e-mail group, but we do have Northern Virginia Families for Natural Living. PM and I'll send you the link to join. There are various other groups like API, NINO (babywearing), etc. You can find out about them on the NoVA-FNL list.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked to join the NOVA yahoo's group last week and I am still awaiting approval from the Group Owner. I guess my 200 word response wasn't good enough. I think I typed it while nursing my DS and just wrote something quick

·
Registered
832 Posts
Quote:
That would be NoVA Families for Natural Living

I'll check the members awaiting approval. I don't do the approvals but I do have access to that section. We've had some slow approvals this summers because of vacations and such.

ETA: I checked and there are two awaiting approval. One submitted 7/10 and one 7/28. The one 7/10 doesn't sound like a mom. I'm thinking the one submitted 7/28 is you Orion'sMommy?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sophmama
Welcome Orionsmommy! I'm in Centreville.
Do you have a weekly moms group?

Before I moved, my DS and I spent time with babies and other moms everyday. I think we are both going crazy not having people to spend time with.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sophmama
Welcome Orionsmommy! I'm in Centreville.
Hi Becky,

We're in Centreville too! Is there a local AP-type playgroup? I know API meets in McLean but it is in the afternoons and ds really needs his nap at that time. We do LLL of Fairfax also but I don't go often enough to really get to know anyone since it's quite a hike. I think C'ville LLL meets in the evenings?

Amy

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I'm in Montclair, and looking for some like-minded mamas!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DQMama
Hi Becky,

We're in Centreville too! Is there a local AP-type playgroup? I know API meets in McLean but it is in the afternoons and ds really needs his nap at that time. We do LLL of Fairfax also but I don't go often enough to really get to know anyone since it's quite a hike. I think C'ville LLL meets in the evenings?

Amy
I used to go to the C'ville meetings but I never had any nursing questions and life was too busy. I may go again though sometime now that I'm preggo to just meet people. They meet in the evenings at the library.

We should do a Centreville meetup! I will be out of town for the next couple of weeks, but when we get back I'll post here and see if we can meet up somewhere!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion'smommy
Do you have a weekly moms group?

Before I moved, my DS and I spent time with babies and other moms everyday. I think we are both going crazy not having people to spend time with.
There isn't a weekly moms group here but like the PP said, there is LL. I go to a mommy and baby/child workout class twice a week at the Cub Run Rec Center that I have noticed attracts quite a few breastfeeding moms and several "organic" food types. The instructor is a friend of mine. The classes will start up again when school go back next month.

Like I just said in the above post, when I get back in town - we should all try to get together.

I have noticed that the API group is very active but I've never been to the meetings. I'm also on a DC metro extended bf moms online group but haven't attended anything. I have found a lot of people who are fairly all-natural though not necessarily AP entirely.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
nak

a c'ville meetup would be nice. went to ffx LLL this a.m. but ds gets bored w/ just a meeting. something where kids could play would b better

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad to see that there are some AP, breastfeeding mama's in/around Fairfax! We just moved here from CO and I jumped on this thread because I had some of the same questions. We are in the search for a good doctor who likes long term breastfeeding and restricted vacs. Can anyone make a suggestion? I need to get a doctor to sign off on a school form, our Denver Doc will do it but I would like a doc here as well.
Thanks, Gretchen

1 - 20 of 20 Posts