Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe I did this- I'm usually sooo careful about my wool.

I always wash my wool covers and soakers on the super gentle/slow cycle in my washer.

Well I guess I didn't pay attention and totally missed that the "extra rinse" cycle was still on from when I washed the diapers in the prior load.

Well that extra rinse shrunk 3 of my soakers!
One is still useable (my Aristocrat) but the other 2 shrunk too much. One was an organic wool soaker (Disana) that I LOVED for a nighttime cover on my toddler. It now is almost too small for my baby! The other was my new Lana soaker that is now too small on my baby. It is being stored away for the next baby.

But it gets worse!

My DH is great about diapers- very careful. Well I guess he was busy and he made a boo-boo. He put one of my very loved VB wool-in-ones (with embroidery!) in the regular diaper pail and I didn't noticed until it had been washed twice (once on hot)! It is now too small for him. *Sigh* That one was really upsetting because it was one of his "special" dipes that I splurged on.

I showed DH and he felt really bad.

Take care of that wool, Ladies!

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Lisa

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
I've been thinking about you and wondering if you were able to save any of your wool?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts