Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had a yeast infection, but a culture proved me wrong. My doc gave me some cream to deal with the symptoms and sent me on my way. Well I still have all of the classic symptoms; itching, burning and a strange discharge, but I have no idea what I am dealing with. I have been using tea tree oil and probiotics, but honestly this has been going on for a long time and I want to treat it and prevent it from happening again. Does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I had those symtoms for a year and the cultures always said I didn't have a yeast infection. I eventually did get a full yeast infection and had to take the Monistat 1 (OTC) and diflucan (a prescrip). After that, the symptoms went away but ti has taken 3 years to get the damage to start going away.<br>
I would make sure I was talking probiotic acidophilus and would use the outside cream that comes with a monistat ovule. (The monistat brand seems so much better than off brands). That's just what I would do...<br>
You could also use Zeasorb (A powder that would help it stay dry and unhospitable to yeast -- It's really for feet but my doctor had me using it for yeast).

·
Registered
510 Posts
I know that often once I treat a yeast infection with prescription drugs, I will get a bacterial infection right afterward...sometimes the symptoms are similar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts