I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same situation. My symptoms are:

*tired all the time
*irritable
*feel particulary horrible on waking up in the morning
*want to nap, but can't
*developed a skin rash last year which was diagnosed as psoriasis
*rapid aging -- seems like I aged 10 years in four
*just not feeling 'right'

I've had two children in a four-year-period, and haven't had a good night's sleep since DS1 was born. Both my babies woke every 1-2 hours at night. And I have always needed a lot of sleep. So I think that the lack of sleep is the main cause of my problems, although something else might be going on as well. I know that I need to see a naturopath, but we are living in Nigeria at the moment and there are no naturopaths here.

Any input appreciated!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wagamama View Post
I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same situation. My symptoms are:

*tired all the time
*irritable
*feel particulary horrible on waking up in the morning
*want to nap, but can't
*developed a skin rash last year which was diagnosed as psoriasis
*rapid aging -- seems like I aged 10 years in four
*just not feeling 'right'

I've had two children in a four-year-period, and haven't had a good night's sleep since DS1 was born. Both my babies woke every 1-2 hours at night. And I have always needed a lot of sleep. So I think that the lack of sleep is the main cause of my problems, although something else might be going on as well. I know that I need to see a naturopath, but we are living in Nigeria at the moment and there are no naturopaths here.

Any input appreciated!

Have you had your thyroid checked? It sounds like it could be hypothroidism to me.

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Or adrenal fatigue? Adrenal fatigue and thyroid issues are very closely linked. A great site I was referred to here:

http://www.drrind.com/therapies/metabolic-therapy

Hopefully that will give you a clear idea if adrenal or thyroid issues are to blame!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Definitely investigate the thyroid/adrenal deficiency possibility!
Also, consider the type of births you had. If you had births where you lost a particularly lot of blood (especially if you required a blood transfusion), you may have damaged your pituitary gland. If you bleed a lot during the birth, the pituitary can be deprived of blood and actually have pieces of it die or die completely (if you're still functioning at all, it's probably not completely dead).
There's also supplements you can find for thyroid, adrenal, and pituitary function at health food stores. You might want to check that out too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.