Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about/ remember this case? After the verdict on the Andrea Yates case coming down recently I started thinking back to this case and how it was a sort of similar murder. I was really shoked that there was no thread for it on here though!? Anyway, it was really shocking, especially when they palyed the 911 call on tv back when it happened I'll never forget how calm she was. And the fact she had hymns playing in the background. Woemn like her make me glad I never had postpartum psychosis or even better ; glad my mother didn't have it.((relieved)) I am deeply saddened by all these recent cases and past cases of this happening to women and the all around lact of support and treatment they are recieving, as though people want to ignore the elephant sitting in the livingroom so to speak. Just because they don't feel it's appropriate or think it is a phase that will pass or even worse and just ashamed that it has to hapen to "their family" as though it is just a nuisance.
I really wish someone would start some sort of an awareness campaign with money going to create an intervention program for these women so they do have somewhere to turn when they or their family first comes to find that something just isn't right. And most importantly before it's too late.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
She was tried and I think the outcome was the same as Andrea's. I also want to say she will be going to a mental hospital...maybe the same one as Andrea?

I also remember she was following advice from a minister (same as Andrea's), and killed her child so that she (the baby) could be saved from hell.

·
Premium Member
42,757 Posts
Sorry, I changed the title of your thread a bit as we try and keep graphic details out of the thread title.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I remember this case

Nov. 2004, my daughter should have been turning 1 year old. Alyssa, passed away, in my arms, 16 hours after her birth in 2003.

This woman's daughter was 11 months old

I don't know how to react to cases like this. I have a very difficult time finding sympothy for parent's who kill their own child.....after all, I know how hard it is to actually have a child, but also have one die.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Kelly

I remember reading about this case and being horrified. I had PPP and it was scary, but I can't even begin to imagine what this mother had to be feeling to make her do this to her child.

·
Banned
3,042 Posts
Quote:
I have a very difficult time finding sympothy for parent's who kill their own child.....after all, I know how hard it is to actually have a child, but also have one die.
I also know how hard it is to lose a child, but I have no problem finding sympathy for the severely mentally ill. They don't know what they're doing is wrong until it's too late.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts