Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever had painfully swollen glands in their armpits? My right armpit was so sore yesterday and last night, that I had trouble sleeping. Now the gland under my left armpit is swollen and painful too. I feel all achy and have a headache. I don't have a fever, though. I imagine this is just a virus, so I am not doing anything about it. If I go to the doctor, I will likely be given antibiotics which will inevitably lead to a yeast infection, and I hate the thought of doing anything more than Tylenol when pregnant.

So anyway, sorry to be such a whiner, but if someone else could let me know that they've had swollen glands and they just went away, I think I'd feel a lot better.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Yes, and recently. I kept looking for an ingrown hair in my right pit, but eventually realized it was a swollen gland. I've felt horrible this entire past week, terrible nausea, no energy, and water like diarrhea. I figured it was all pregnancy stuff, but after this post and recalling the swollen node, I have to wonder.

Sit tight and take care of yourself. No reason to rush to the doctor unless you feel really horrible. You'll know when/if you need to go. Hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I've had one under my right armpit for years. The pain is always worse when I have my period or am ovulating. I got it checked out a few times and they could never figure out what it was from.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had one 2 weeks ago, it just got better over the weekend, now I only feel it slight. Never had this before, except a boil or in grown hair. I did have a cold also, so maybe from the cold I had. Mention it to your Dr, I'm sure it's nothing, hopefully it will get better soon.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
See, now I would say that this is pg-related.

The only time I've ever had my armpit ones swollen was when newly pregnant. Only for a few days, though. My groin ones get swollen, too. It's like my immune system is all set to destroy the intruder and then figures it out that it's a pregnancy.

This time, right now, it's not that the node is so swollen but the sides of my breasts are sore in the same area I think from general pregnancy breast happenings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.