Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost 23 weeks preggo with #1 and I guess I just thought I would be bigger by now. I defiantly look pregnant naked or with a really tight shirt, but otherwise I just look thick-waisted. I was pretty slender to start so now I just look "normal" compared to most american girls. I guess I'm kinda dissapointed that everyone doesn't see my baby-bump and happy because I can still sleep on my tummy
Anyone else?

· Registered
1,119 Posts
I remember feeling like this with my first. I worked with a girl who was itty bitty and a few weeks farther along than me with her second baby. She had the most awesome baby bump and I was still in my "skinny jeans", hadn't gained any weight, and wasn't showing. Then I really popped and people started asking me the stupid "oh, any day now?" questions and telling me how very HUGE I was.
With my subsequent pregnancies, I have started showing so much sooner. Gosh, this time I think I was in maternity pants at 6 weeks because my regular jeans didn't feel right.

Oh, and I have always slept on my tummy through the vast majority of my pregnancy. At the end I have to do a modified pillow-supported position, but I'm still sort of on my stomach. For me it's the period afterward when I'm nursing that I can't sleep on my tummy.

· Registered
490 Posts
I was still wearing my regular jeans, comfortably, at 21 weeks with my first.
It won't stay that way forever, I promise.
Eventually you will show and have that sweet bump to show off. It just may take a little longer then with some other mom's.

I am still sleeping completely on my stomach-it is the only position where my hip doesn't hurt. I have some kind of -itis in my right hip, don't know exactly what. By the end of the pregnancy I'll still be ono my stomach but with a pillow tilting me off to one side a little.
Like Tiffany it's PP when I've got bowling balls for breasts with sandpaper nipples that sleeping on my stomach becomes impossible.

· Registered
294 Posts
I was just like you on my first pregnancy! I actually agreed to have the 20-week scan only because I seriously doubted that there was a "normal" baby in there; I was still wearing my regular skinny clothes!

I think I started getting noticably bigger after the seven month and I ended up with a huge belly (did not put on weight anywhere else on my body though) and a 3.5 kg full term baby (that I had a pretty hard time delivering but managed at the end to avoid the epidural)!

Now with pregnancy no.2, eventhough I'm still skinny I could not fit comfortably in my jeans after the first couple of months and my belly definitely looks much bigger at 22 weeks than it did on my first pregnancy. I just hope that my body this time would also be able to handle a natural birth much better

· Registered
600 Posts
Oh yeah, that's the first time PG thing. I HATED it. I don't think I really showed at all till 6 mo. It's so annoying. It doesn't help you know - but you will be huge soon!

I much prefer it this time - I'm freakin' huge - been in maternity pants since 3 mo - but at least everyone knows that I'm PG and that's why I'm always late/forgetting everything/eating everything in sight/farting up a storm/etc.

· Registered
6,316 Posts
I'm on my first, and am kinda the same way. 23 wks now, and people tell me "Oh! You're starting to show!" Depending on what I wear, I can still hide it, but I know I'm going to need to start wearing maternity tops soon. I'm finally gaining weight at about a pound a week, but I don't know where it's going. I'm glad, though. I just had back surgery in Dec, and I'm kinda scared of what it will be like to be huge. I'm hoping baby will stay on the small side. I was barely 6 lbs when I was born, so I'm hoping she'll be the same.

· Registered
261 Posts
I think it depends on your body. I am not very tall but my length is in my torso so I never look very big pregnant, I also don't get stretch marks which is so nice! Last time I had twins and the doctor told me before the days of ultrasound it would have been one of those twin pregnancies that was missed. I hated it my first time around because I wanted to show so bad! Now I realize though, if there is one thing you want during pregnancy it's people exclaiming over how small you are : ) You will enjoy that in the coming weeks.

Heidi in Utah

· Registered
4,282 Posts
With my first, people couldn't really tell I was pregnant until at least 30 weeks. I know it has its frustrating side, but that's totally normal.

This time is definitely different. I'm 20.5 weeks and have been sticking out for awhile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.