Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not super worried but do just wish I could KNOW things are ok. I am 11 1/2 weeks and I know my uterus is growing because I pee so much. I am just one of those worriers and have started getting a little scared because even when I lay flat on my back, there is no sign of a pooch.

I don't have an ultrasound for another two weeks so i will have plenty of time to either start pooching out or find out that something is wrong.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hang in there mama. Have faith in your body and your baby - he or she is in there and growing. If it helps, my SIL didnt have a pooch or any signs AT ALL - nothing, nada, until 14 weeks. I am 10.5 weeks and I have nothing to show either.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My MW told me "if you aren't cramping or bleeding, not to worry because your baby is still in there." I'm just ready to hear the heartbeat also....

·
Registered
393 Posts
we tried to hear the heartbeat yesterday (i'm 10 weeks) and couldn't hear anything. i'm sure everything's fine. i've been told the same thing that Kelleybug's MW said. i can't wait to hear the heartbeat, either, though.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm not showing yet either but then again.. I am one of the *Fluffier* mommies. I read that if the placenta is in the way, it can make for hearing the heartbeat a bit more difficult/ Hang in there sweetie and keep trying. *hugs*

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'm 9 1/2 weeks and she tried to find the heartbeat yesterday but couldn't. She said though that it would be abnormal to find it this early and the only reason she even tried was because I am so skinny. I know I am gaining weight though, some of my pants I can't wear anymore. But I don't really look pregnant. I go back in 3 weeks to hear the heartbeat and that will make me feel so much better!!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I definitely feel pregnant still with fatigue and m/s. I just get freaked that I am having one of those molar pregnancies or something like that.
The midwife did feel for the top of my uterus and didn't mention if anything was weird. I am guessing things are ok.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hang in there sweets, I had an appointment last Thursday I was 12 wks 1 day, we couldn't find a heartbeat either. Lots of swishing going on and I can definatly feel the top of my uterus.

I'm a big girl, that's why I'm not worried. We made a quick appiontment on August 3rd just to do a HB check. If we can't hear it then, we'll schedule an U/S to get a visual.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
My mw has tried the last 2 times I was at her office and we didn't get a hb. I had an US Monday, saw my little one and his little heart beating. It really set my mind at ease and made it seem real. I didn't really want a US but we needed to be sure of dates so I was willing and it was nice to get a little peak.
You will probably hear it your next appointment.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
We did not get a heartbeat either when I was 12 weeks with DS. He was so active that he kept bouncing out of the way! But at 16 weeks we heard it, he was totally out of my pelvis by then. But he sure was kicking the doppler a lot, the doctor kept laughing about that.

He's been kicking me ever since LOL

Hopefully you can rest easy.. I felt movement early with DS and I've felt it early this time too, and that will be reassuring when you can feel it regularly!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also have to remember that I have a unicornuate uterus and that even when I am fully showing, I still look a little strange because I am lopsided. Also, I remember when I would lay down my uterus would look a little smaller than when I was standing. Looking for it while lying down is maybe not the best idea. When my bladder is full at night I can definitely feel the uterus protruding.

Trying to relax.
:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Hang in there, I'm sure everything is fine. I read your last post and realized you beat me to the punch. I was going to tell you that when I lie flat I can't feel my uterus at all. I don't know where it goes because it is definetely there when I'm standing up...
Might have something to do with my tilted uterus, I dunno. Hope you get to hear the heartbeat next time. I swear hearing that sound is better than any drug!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello ladies
I'm new here. 9w4d

Just wanted to say that I'm pretty sure I can feel my uterus, but only when I'm standing up. I wasn't sure a couple of weeks ago, because I had to really press in to feel the roundness, but I can feel the same thing much easier now, so I'm sure that's what I'm feeling. Not showing though, that I can tell.

I'm overweight (I'm not HUGE, but definitely bigger than I should be) and I don't wear tight clothes, so I can't tell in that dept. I'm also VERY short-waisted. I've heard it's easier to feel when you're short-waisted.

Good luck ladies!!

Oh.. and sorry I can't get my ticker to display correctly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts