Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is pregnancy #2 for me, the first time I was sooooooooo sick, it started on the first day of my 6th week and lasted until I was 18 weeks. And it was the cruel nauseas all day kind of sick. Keep in mind, I didnt have an early ultrasound so the dates might have been off. Anyway, I am in the middle of my 6th week now and I have not been sick or nauseaus at all.
: While that makes me happy and gives me hope that I will not be sick or at least as sick it kind of scares me too. Anyone else having similar experiences?

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I felt like crap, ick, uck, from week 5 until week 15 the first time. I am now a few days past when I started the "general feeling of ickiness" last time and I feel great!! I'm hoping it stays that way. I have been loading up on my b vitamins and I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

Yay to not feeling icky!

·
Registered
369 Posts
LOL Woodland, I was thinking about asking everyone the same thing.
I never actally got sick with my first pregnancy however I felt really sick all day long until around week 12 then it tapered off. I can't remember when it started though. I am in my 6th week right now too but am not feeling badly at all yet so I am just waiting for it to hit...

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm at 7.5 weeks. So far, knock on wood, I haven't had much morning sickness. Just a bit of nausea from time to time, though I have lost my cookies twice. But then afterward I felt fine. I'm so stoked. I really hope this keeps up.

With my last two, I was sick all day everyday from about six weeks on. It got better around 20 weeks, but it didn't go away until about 30 weeks. I don't know if I could handle that again. This is much more like my first child. A little nausea, a little light-headedness and a few episodes of actual vomiting. I thought it was awful then, but I would be thrilled now if it continues that way.

I'm also taking a lot of B vitamins. They helped my sister a lot in her last pregnancy, so I thought I'd give them a shot. I don't know if that's what's helping, but I'm not going to quit taking them.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I'm not sick yet, but this is my fifth pgcy and I know I usually feel fine until week 8. So probably in a week or so it will hit me! I've already had some nausea which is unusual for me this early, but it was fleeting.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
I am 8 weeks tomorrow, and although I have felt nauseas a few times, I still have yet to actually vomit.. my other babies were VERY different, I puked a LOT with them. But I think mainly it is a difference of age.. my body is dealing with its hormones differently at 33 than it did in my 20s.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm having the opposite problem over here. I was lucky and didn't get nauseous at all in my first pregnancy. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and I have been feeling soooo cruddy all day long today. I really hope that today is not going to be a representation of how this pregnancy will be.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have not thrown up yet this time around and this is my third. With both my girls I didn't get sick until week 8. So I hope when I am 8 wks this time it doesn't start, though it is sort of comforting knowing things are going like they should. Atleast I have tons of other symptoms reminding me of what's going on in there. I am exactly 6 wks tomorrow. My first I was deathly sick 24/7 wk 8-39, 2nd pregnancy I can count on two hands how many times I got sick.
This is the first day this pregnancy I have woken up feeling like I do though. Quite nauseus, I am munching on crackers as I type. Hopefully this doesn't mean I will be getting sick sooner than 8 wks if at all, blah

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I'm 8.5 weeks and have only thrown up once. I'm more prone to the all day nausea than actual vomiting. With my first and second I threw up more, but then felt fine the rest of the day. My third and this one I've thrown up less but had the all day bleh feeling. So either my body is adjusting to the hormones differently as I get older, or I'm guessing this is another boy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
good luck, mama, i hope you don'thave such awful m/s this time!!
i didn't have ANY with my first and only a small nauseous feeling for one week, early on, in my other two, around 6-7 weeks. i'm 6-3 now, and nothing yet. it's nice when you don't get it!

·
Registered
355 Posts
i am six weeks and one day and only have been nauseous a couple times so far for a VERY short time period. this is my first pregnancy, so i don't know what to expect!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.