Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has a bad cold and this is the third night in a row that we have not gotten any sleep due to her not being able to breathe through her nose.
help!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
last time she had a cold, it really didn't seem to work, and my house is mildewy, so I'm hesitant to plug it in again. Maybe I should though....

·
Registered
179 Posts
When my kids get sick, DH puts a comforter or pillows under our mattress to prop it up so we sleep on an angle. When my DD's have stuffy noses they seem much more miserable when they're sleeping flat on their backs.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I also use vick's vapor rub on my chest and my child's chest. That seems to help. (I can't get my kid to take medicines--he's autistic and it is such a hassle and the meds end up all over the bathroom if liquid, if a chewable pill, I find them later hidden somewhere. So, I don't know how much he actually got. If he needs antibiotics, I just ask the doctor to give him the shot. Anything else, if there is a transdermal form, I try to get that.)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Can you take a hot shower, keep the door closed and let her inhale (if possible) the steam from the shower? That might help! Also, if you can give her some vitamin C during the day that will help her get over her cold a lot quicker!

I tried oranges with DS but his butt broke out so I'm not going to that for a while!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.