Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm not dealing well with this pregnancy. It was unplanned, although not unwanted. We wanted to wait another year before getting pregnant again.

I'm angry all the time, sad, and cry more than I ever have before in a pregnancy. My poor husband is taking the brunt of my unhappy emotions. :frown:

Someone please tell me I'm not the only pregnant lady who isn't entirely over-the-moon ecstatic to be expecting. Some days, I wish it would all go away, and that makes me feel so guilty, because I look at my little one and know that once this one is here, my love will be deep and real.

(Yes, I have a history of PPD, and will be discussing this with our mw at the next appointment.)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Good for you for recognizing and owning your feelings, it is hard to not project a facade when times are tough. Are you doing enough self care, at home, to take a short break from motherhood? The gym, or time to read, take a walk, call an old friend? I know that isn't a great answer, but maybe it would be a good way to bring more positivity into your day. Would your husband help give you more solo time?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm not unhappy to be pregnant, but not necessarily happy about everything and certainly not over-the-moon. I feel like I should be? Sounds like you feel that way too. :( Its a hard time in my life for lots of reasons and.... even though I had fertility issues and a 10 week loss, this was unexpected and I was two weeks away from getting an IUD. Plus I have some intense feelings to deal with around having a third boy, having a kid at this age, having a big gap and having to do the baby thing again.

If you're an extrovert I hope you can get all that great friend time in, lots of social support. For me, I need alone time and lots of it. I have a separate bedroom from my partner which helps so, so much when I am not feeling..... overly kind. I can hide from the world and don;t need to feel guilty about one more thing. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
I can relate. I was hoping to wait a year in between pregnancies, but I'm still thankful for this baby. We struggled so much the first time TTC that I wasn't sure if we could even have #2 . That being said, I feel like I'm just in survival mode now. I'm not enjoying and soaking in this pregnancy, because I have a very needy 10 month old (that I absolutely adore). The mood swings are 10x worse this time around too. I'm usually pretty even. Poor hubby. Could be the exhaustion, breastfeeding, pregnancy hormones... Just a guess :wink: Stay strong mama! You are not a bad person for having those feelings. It helps to know others are going through the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts